Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-16-2023, 12:09 AM
Banned

They should have stayed true to their alliance with the klingons and road into cardassia on the first wave.

The klingons where just about warmed up to treating the Federation like an actual fully fledged house.
Old 09-16-2023, 02:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, Sisko did forge a data recorder to bring the Romulans into the war, look the other way after a murder, and then delete all his emails. Space Clinton. If Sisko is the Chaotic Good to Picard's Lawful Good, I could see a Chaotic Neutral Section 31 arming the Cardassian Union.
Kirk was a super-hero. Picard was a Statue. Sisko is a REAL MAN. He makes real-world decisions in a moral-gray area. Any help for DS9 is days/weeks away at max warp.

Sisko is a man pushed beyond the breaking point and he still somehow holds it all together, we forgive the minor transgression here and there because we fully understand what he is up against.

then Janeway is standing there going, "Well shit, how do I follow that?"

and all of star trek has episodes we wanna forget. anyone remember TNG: Code of Honor?
Old 09-16-2023, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They should have stayed true to their alliance with the klingons and road into cardassia on the first wave.

The klingons where just about warmed up to treating the Federation like an actual fully fledged house.
i thought it was stupid maybe lazy writing that Martok is a klingon hero in TNG and then he's a psycho madman in DS9. wayyy to convenient to make him a changeling
Old 09-16-2023, 07:26 AM
Banned

Yeah again. You aren't going to get much argument from me. After the whole changeling ark when they got him out of the prison camp, I rather liked him in the bit parts he did.
Old 09-16-2023, 09:04 AM
Banned

Gene originally didnt want to make a gritty real series at all tho. So that didn't happen until he was pretty much away from the set.

All treks have great value in them for the ppl they where made for, except maybe most of discovery (wasted potential the Michael Burnham / AU arc was pretty cool for a tid bit) !

I think America needs more moralistic western style propoganda in it's entertainment tho so I am with the Chinese on this one. (the oil company starts out the bad guy, turns out to be the good guys after all) Everyone good is christian even the wierdos and freaks etc etc.
Last edited by magnetaress; 09-16-2023 at 09:06 AM..
Old 09-16-2023, 09:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroval [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He hasn't changed his pattern on centrism, but it looks right-leaning to the layman.

I've actually become more centrist over the past few years.

We need a credible third party oriented around cleaning up societal decay though. The biggest issue facing the American public today is our turning a blind eye to the increasing decay of the lumpenproletariat. No one wants to touch it, because the optics are horrible, but it's not humane to continue to allow this demograph to expand and reside in addiction and squalor, and many of them are so far pickled that I hate to say it, but there's really no coming back from it.

The most positive thing to say about the generation coming into adulthood right now, is there seems to be a gravitation away from the hard-drug use which plagues the millennial and early zoomer.

As a note aside, our 17 year old asked permission if she could try weed last week. I had to tell her no, because her sister's in soph and freshman years would probably rapidly follow and push it too far, as is their won't judging by their obnoxiousness with the "we're all lesbians" phase, which gradually became "we're all bisexual", which gradually became, "actually, we're just accepting allies" thing whilst being virgins the entire time, so it's all irrelevant anyways.

Told her to focus on getting a part time job and establishing an income so she can have a car, in anticipation of college next year, and that I'm not saying no because she's not responsible enough, but because his sister's aren't, and they have a habit of following her lead and pushing it too far.
I had to dig back deep to find this post but 100% :thumbs up:
Old 09-16-2023, 09:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you deal with athiests or satanists who don't want to understand you, disrespect you and your boundaries, and lack all integrity and trust worthiness?
Those are the best people to play with! Whats wrong with them? My best friend in the universe is the most staunch atheist whose only god is money, heck I even enjoy visiting him to play boardgames along his kids on weekends.
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 09-16-2023, 09:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of my fave movies ever.

I will sound cliche, but they dont make movies like these anymore.
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 09-16-2023, 10:00 AM
Banned

As a general rule a lot of ppl are cool butt some are very bad.

Things that are red flags to me:

Atheism (a path towards Nihilism, indifferentism).
Satanism (they worship domination over others aka the the literal rape of G-d's creation and self destruction, solely for the sake of power, control, and pleasure, OVER OTHERS)
Drug use
Over reliance on Cynicism
Negativity
Obsessive Compulsive behaviors
Lies and Deception.

You can wrap most of that up in Satanic behavior, however, most Athiests don't lean that far. Same with a lot of pagans, who are being decieved by evil spirits. Butt aren't necessarily really disordered or evil folks themselves (YET).

Note, I am also not saying to NEVER EVER associate with any of these ppl, though from a G-dly point of view it can be harmful to the FLOCK that is why priests and the bible says to keep to other Christians. You are not G-d and don't need to have the 'Hubris' to save ppl and live Jesuses life exactly as he did getting crucified by your belief, G-d does not expect that of all of us as near as I can tell (an expert can chime in).

A lot of really defensive ppl chirping up in here. I was in my ORIGINAL POST talking about individual ppl not athiests or even satanists as a whole! (though I am quite prejudicial about satan because he is a really bad DEVIL who enjoys tormenting hoomans, why would anyone sane or rational or loving subject themselves or their loved ones to that?)

Anyways thats my 2cp again. Please don't be super offended. The person in question has been given G-d's grace to go find their peace on earth and lil slice of heaven.

It isn't a good thing to live a disordered chaotic life full of harm, be it self or otherwise. That isn't good for the individual organism nor the greater organism on the whole (ecosystem, ECONOMY if you want to take it into secular humanism and atheism). This is a point both Christianity and Athiests could agree and synchronize on if we could have mutual respect for each other !
Last edited by magnetaress; 09-16-2023 at 10:04 AM..
Old 09-16-2023, 10:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Devils and demons masquerade as angels (and G-d's and deities) and he's right (the writer) about the fear of death part.

People fail to realize that We are ALREADY a part of G-d's creation our very existence is G-d's love. When we die and cease to exist we don't need to fear what happens in G-d's creation.