Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2023, 01:30 PM
Banned

Assume most out of era changes will not occur.

It is a Classic progression server through Planes of Power. Some client upgrades and QoL, like buff timers, are happening but they are the exception rather than the rule. If we are extremely lucky we may even get a new client down the road. No promise has been made though.

But to expect Luclin era or PoP era in game benefits right at Classic release is not in alignment with one of the stated dev goals of server population stability.
Old 09-14-2023, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
aaaand another reason to play quarm is gone

already did classic eq back in 2000 and twice on p99

see ya'll at quarm luclin launch in what, 2027?
I get this sentiment, but ultimately the game is what it is. EverQuest is a game designed to have a certain progression in mind. If you start mixing and matching too many different elements from across the timeline, the game loses it distinct feel. I think most players would be amenable to reasonable out-of-era QoL changes like pet windows, DoT ticks, melody, etc... but adding PoK from launch changes the feel of the game on a very fundamental level. And it seems that most players aren't looking for that.
Old 09-14-2023, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
aaaand another reason to play quarm is gone

already did classic eq back in 2000 and twice on p99

see ya'll at quarm luclin launch in what, 2027?
9 months of each expansion til locked pop

c u real soon
Old 09-14-2023, 11:15 PM
Large Bat

is anyone going to group with (let me leech exp) my rogue in classic while I have no gear and no weapons just so I can wait 6 months for Kunark
Old 09-15-2023, 09:57 PM
Skeleton

I guess I am not as nostalgic as most to go thru all of the phases as I wasn't at the tip of the curve ever. The vast, vast majority of players have never had Legacy items on Live or P99.

I would think that just releasing it at the end of it's incarnation to start with would draw the most people.

9 months wait from release to be an Iksar. 27 month wait to be a Vah Shir or a Beastlord.

I don't understand the purpose of holding content back just to hold it back.
Old 09-15-2023, 10:25 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhold [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess I am not as nostalgic as most to go thru all of the phases as I wasn't at the tip of the curve ever. The vast, vast majority of players have never had Legacy items on Live or P99.

I would think that just releasing it at the end of it's incarnation to start with would draw the most people.

9 months wait from release to be an Iksar. 27 month wait to be a Vah Shir or a Beastlord.

I don't understand the purpose of holding content back just to hold it back.
It isn't just to hold back content.. it's just that the eras are followed on a progression project like this. You want Vah Shir to be coded to start in Qeynos or something? Iksar to pop out of Grobb just because?

I personally don't think that would bother me that much, but it is completely silly. I do know that Maze made a project a few years ago where Kunark was going to come out in 3 months or whatever, so no one wanted to reroll immediately so he allowed Iksar to come out of Grobb and it worked out fine, I don't think anyone minded that much. But it's just part of classic eq, these races didn't exist yet.

It's even more complicated talking about Beastlords. There's no spell vendors or anything set up for that, not to mention balance. They come out in Luclin, you gotta wait.
Old 09-15-2023, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

If you're itching to play a beastlord head on over to www.takproject.net -- its a good time there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-15-2023, 11:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're itching to play a beastlord head on over to www.takproject.net -- its a good time there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can confirm. Coming from p99 there are some client differences on TAKP for sure and many from p99 bounce off there for a reason or another. But those that stick around TAKP sometimes like it better. Very easy to raid over there. Personally both p99 and TAKP are my two favorite EQ Emu and hoping to add PQ to the mix shortly upon release.
Old 09-16-2023, 02:42 AM
Planar Protector

will 3rd for TAKP

it's a vastly superior EQ experience if you're intelligent and mature enough to understand why 3 boxing is not game-breaking.

and Secrets is actively removing literally everything about TAKP that makes it better than p99.

I was excited for the project until I saw that it's gonna be nothing but a P99 clone that goes until PoP after 35 years.

been there, done that.
Old 09-16-2023, 12:37 PM
Fire Giant

I personally plan to enjoy a good romp on quarm once it launches, I play a crapton of mmos, and one that is like p99 but that has beastlords and a 1 box only policy sounds like my jam, even if its just 100 weirdos like me.

I mean, this is a game so old that in some countries it could have kids, a crap job , and a small hovel to call home already, so we are all weirdos to be here getting dopamine or RMT $ off this game.

I welcome quarm with open arms... It launches on October btw to those that dont know it.
----------------------------------
[center]
Closed Thread