Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-15-2023, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the safe middle ground? A warlock I suppose? Can heal self but no expectation on saving anyone so much.
Yea, people get healthstones and it's on them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-16-2023, 12:31 AM
Banned

As Lune mentioned earlier with pal, I dont think you have to go resto spec to be able to heal dungeons fine leveling on druid. But with feral you could also tank or dps, IMO
Old 09-16-2023, 12:32 AM
Banned

I didn’t even think of people using gearswap mods to bait people into thinking they have scrub gear to get them to accept Mak’gora the duel to delete

In addition to any consumable and buff goes, I think it would be stupid for the average player to ever accept these

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 09-16-2023, 12:41 AM
Banned

Hardcore mode anything is simply peak immersion.
Old 09-16-2023, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

yeah im having a good time. no deaths yet and a couple close calls.
i got my mage to 26
rogue im playing with my wifes mage is 16
made a resto druid thats 15 now (and had an epic moment where I was going to die and was rescued. i wish i recorded it lol)
and i am messing around on a 6 warrior now because I was playing with the talent calculator and came up with a really interesting fury/arms flurry build.

the thought is that if I have a couple chars 10+ with tradeskills, that when a character dies it wont sting as bad. i'll just shift to the next highest alt.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 09-16-2023, 03:02 PM
Fire Giant

You guys ever heard of turtle wow? its classic wow with extras, new zones and a very healthy pop, they got so big they are even launching a chinese server of their own.

Also its 100% free

They have Hardcore mode, you die, your char is wiped! They have other challenge modes, like always have pvp flag on or never using anything better than white gear, its very fun and I highly recommend it
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 09-16-2023, 03:33 PM
Banned

Turtle wow is run by Sheena.. aka torta... aka sold rank and accounts spawned legendaries for friends. Turtle has a cash shop .. kek... full of Chinese flexing $300 mounts. Come on bro, private server scene is all about F R E S H
Old 09-16-2023, 09:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Turtle wow is run by Sheena.. aka torta... aka sold rank and accounts spawned legendaries for friends. Turtle has a cash shop .. kek... full of Chinese flexing $300 mounts. Come on bro, private server scene is all about F R E S H
You know, people always say this , but on the two years I have been there, I have never paid a single dime, had a ton of fun and found a lot of people to group with.

Even if this torta sheena thing man woman had actually been responsible for selling EQ to Daybreak, I would still play there.

Its a private shard, its solid, been up for ages and has a ton of people, its not like there is no rmt here either you know? since I participate in it 0% I dont care either, same as eve online or gw2 or a plethora of other full of bots, chinese and rmt farming circles.

That argument sounds to me like you dont want to live in a city because some people buy and sell drugs there... do you buy/use drugs? if yes, then it might have some implications for you, if you dont its part of the background.

To be honest if I believed or took seriously a lot of the stuff people say on the internet about x things , I would never have created a character here in P99 or the plethora of other online shards, discord servers and web forums , as there is always someone saying X, Y and Z sold their babies to the devil, ate human flesh, traded money for sex slave maffias and use their websites, forums and private shards for sub-rosa tor like sites that only pop up during certain times of the day for those in the know to trade in weird currencies and e-coins for all manner of things like guns, illegal drugs, hitmen and alt right or alt left virtual meeting places where you get access to all sorts of extreme videos, reading material and volafiles like quality of sharing virtual goods before it was shut down, access to special BBS boards full of classified documents, direct links to stationary or volatile IRC channels and even ultra obscure ftp decentralized sharing nodes.

I dont mean or imply these things do happen, but I am here to play a necromancer with a skelly that cackles when I suck their life and get the occasional plat, same as other places.

You really cant control such things and such rumor mongering (even if based in reality) is honestly again, like being afraid of drug dealers while living in New York, Madrid or Shanghai.

Just my throughts tho, the only place I would never willingly log on to play anything I might be remotely interested in is the weird cult like nodes , mostly from eastern europe that pop up on DC++ and related networks, those sites give me the creeps sometimes with their totally unfettered access to ... things. Yeah thats my limit, but a shards run by people with drama on them is just meh.

Cheers!
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 09-23-2023, 01:21 PM
Banned

Apparently EU-stitches server just had a 10min lag spike freeze that killed 2000+ characters

Lol
Old 09-23-2023, 01:26 PM
Banned

^
Blizz officially responded and in more or less words said “get fucked lol. Send us your highest level who died to this so we can laugh about it to raise office morale”