Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-15-2023, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darternicus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Firstly I just want to say that this UI was what I have been waiting for since I started playing P99! I have tried other classic UI's but there has always been an issue with something that made UI not work right or look off compared to the original Everquest. But this UI looks near perfect! Thank you for this so very much Sakam!

>>> I just downloaded/installed the UI, but when I load it in game most of the windows have a black background instead of the greyish marble from the original. Can someone please help me figure out how to fix this? <<<
Right click the affected window(s), and under Window > Background change the "Texture" option.

-Mcoy
Old 08-17-2023, 01:22 AM
Large Rat

Thank you so much Mcoy! I was afraid That did the trick. I couldn't figure it out without someone from this forum helping me. And I didnt think someone would check the forum for a long time. I have a few more questions/problems though and that is the spells button and spellbook icon are very dark, like an 80% black overlay on them. I cannot right click them to change the texture.

Below is a picture of the issue. What can I do to fix this?

1. Also the buttons for Help, Options, Persona, View, Abilities, Combat, Socials do not work. Is there a way to fix this?
2. And I was wondering if the pet window can show the pets health bar. Currently it does not. If that is the way classic EQ was set up then I will be fine with that.
3. Is there a way to change the font size of the mobs health when the mouse cursor is on the healthbar of the current target? It is very very small at the moment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P 99 Classic UI issue.jpg (22.0 KB, 6 views)
Last edited by Darternicus; 08-17-2023 at 01:40 AM..
Old 08-17-2023, 01:43 AM
Large Rat

Here is a screenshot of the pet window and tiny font of the current target.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P 99 Classic UI issue 2 pet health and font size.jpg (22.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 08-17-2023, 06:49 AM
Planar Protector

Read the first post (you can also fix your class animation image).

-Mcoy
Old 08-18-2023, 04:40 PM
Large Rat

I do not understand what you are refrenceing when you say to read the first post. You would need to elaborate because this is very confusing. Are you talking about the first post in Stone UI? If so then none of my issues are addressed there. Are you talking about your first post to me? And are you refrencing to right click the black spellbook and spells button to change the texture? If so then I already stated that doing so does not work, it just gives me the option to save a spell set. Anyway after logging out or restarting the computer, I am not sure which, the blacken icons went away naturally. My other 3 questions are still a concern though. Thank you
Old 08-18-2023, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

The first post in this thread. It mentions how it's only designed for a max resolution of 1080 - you'll have to tweak the xml's (beyond the scope of my knowledge) to adjust it further.

-Mcoy
Old 11-01-2023, 05:58 PM
Fire Giant

I know this could be a very very long shot, but I was wondering if it would be feasible to port this to the TAKP Client?
----------------------------------
[center]