Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 05:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunaGreen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're COMPLETELY retarded if you think charm is even remotely balanced. The naggy kill that just happened would literally have been impossible without a hasted charmed pet that BS's for more than double what a max rogue with BiS gear would be capable of. Charm is BY FAR the most broken spell in the entire game and to say it doesn't need to be nerfed is actually moronic.
It's not balanced but he's right. If you want actual class balance there's WoW. In Classic WoW Priest can charm (mind control) but it's a short duration channeled spell that can be interrupted and you can't do anything else while you're doing it. That's much more sensible, but it's not classic everquest.
Old 11-16-2019, 05:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunaGreen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're COMPLETELY retarded if you think charm is even remotely balanced. The naggy kill that just happened would literally have been impossible without a hasted charmed pet that BS's for more than double what a max rogue with BiS gear would be capable of. Charm is BY FAR the most broken spell in the entire game and to say it doesn't need to be nerfed is actually moronic.
I'm saying that twenty years pursuing the holy grail of balance has given us World of Warcraft, which may be the most unfun video game ever created. Maybe balance isn't as important as everyone has been saying it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but not necro fine steel dagger or feign death pet killing for example
What's the proof for these? Is there video or logs or something demonstrating that necros had capabilities they don't have here? It seems like it would be a simple matter to get this fixed, if there's proof beyond "i remember it was like this i swear".
Old 11-16-2019, 05:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Someone in 2003 recalling weapon delay on pets:

http://www.necrotalk.com/forum/the-b...5674#post25674

Still searching for actual developer/patch info about the change
Old 11-16-2019, 05:20 PM
Sarnak

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!searchin/alt.games.everquest/necro$20dagger/alt.games.everquest/8y1JakMMLdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11/30/99
I am a necro, and make no bones about it, it is the strongest class in the
game. When my lvl 29 pet is hitting for 28dmg at a delay of 19 or 20 (FS or
regular dagger) and my dots do close to 1000dmg stacked, it is kind of hard
to dispute that. I have never seen this much hostility towards a class on
my server (Quellious) and that may be because it is not PvP. I have never
seen anyone complain in a group or by just plain soloing that I am too
powerful, in a group they welcome me with open arms and solo they ask me
questions about my class. I am aggreed though that melee classes (warrior,
ranger, and monk) need to be able to dish out more dmg at higher levels,
when a wizard is doing 1000dmg with one spell and a warrior is trying to hit
for 100dmg with his ex axe, you know there is a huge problem. I feel that
melees are the most unbalanced in the game at higher levels, and it is not
only necros providing this unbalance, wizards enchanters and mages are also
contributing. There needs to be a better weapon damage formula used in the
game. The dmg monks dish out needs to be raised and the dly of their
attacks need to be lowered. Simple as that, if this is done, everyone who
feels their penis is smaller than the skeleton's will be happy, and we can
end this senseless babble filled debate and move to a new one....
Old 11-16-2019, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

The necro dagger nerf is well documented in the patch notes for January 2000 on the wiki. There's no need to go digging for evidence.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
i dont believe you're this mad. you're joshin us
Old 11-16-2019, 06:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The necro dagger nerf is well documented in the patch notes for January 2000 on the wiki. There's no need to go digging for evidence.
great, let's restore dagger delay for the next several months
Old 11-16-2019, 06:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm saying that twenty years pursuing the holy grail of balance has given us World of Warcraft, which may be the most unfun video game ever created. Maybe balance isn't as important as everyone has been saying it is.
I mean I never really played wow but to say it's the most unfun game ever created is pretty fucking dumb lol. EQ Classic is a fucking awfully designed game. I only play it for nostalgia. I'm not even crying for perfect balance but charm in its current state is fucking plain stupid. How the fuck can you possibly defend a single class being able to charm a pet so powerful that it can out DPS an entire DPS dedicated group.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I mean I never really played wow but to say it's the most unfun game ever created is pretty fucking dumb lol. EQ Classic is a fucking awfully designed game. I only play it for nostalgia. I'm not even crying for perfect balance but charm in its current state is fucking plain stupid. How the fuck can you possibly defend a single class being able to charm a pet so powerful that it can out DPS an entire DPS dedicated group.
Actually, for it's time EQ was well designed. Anyone who played things like Meridian 59 would agree. Just like us, they didn't realize a bunch of stuff that we would create as emergent gameplay. There are so many intersecting variables and complicated relationships that they just didn't know what they didn't know. Wow was built on top of that knowledge gained during the first years of EQ.
Last edited by fadetree; 11-16-2019 at 07:11 PM..
Old 11-16-2019, 07:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
I mean I never really played wow but to say it's the most unfun game ever created is pretty fucking dumb lol.
i played a lot of wow and it's a fucking awful, unfun game that retains players using aggressive psychological manipulation
rare mounts and titanforged gear keep that game in business
Closed Thread