Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 11:16 AM
Fire Giant

Default Faction for Kael armor w/o Dorf Killing? Bard

Faction for Kael armor w/o Dorf Killing? Bard

I think my bard is Threatning to giants, at least one faction of them.
Presumably faction song and maybe borrowing my mains faction clicky (do they stack?)
would get me to non kos.

But I hear you need Kromriff to ally to get armor quests.
If you raise just that there are other giants 'zek? that will still kill ya...

Presumably I can still faction to ally, and faction song to non kos with the other one and do hand ins?

So how do I do this without killing Dorfs.

Currently done no faction work with CoV so they already hate me, and haven't got rings yet so don't wanna lose dorf. But I hear/see Kael armor is best velious plate armor...

Any tips.

Sorry if this is incoherent I've had a BCAA relentless today.

TLDR want Kael plate on my 42 bard, wanna get ally with quest giver and non kos to any others in aggro range, even only with song is fine for that.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

You can raise faction by buying dwarf heads off other players and turning them in, or turning in kobold paws from velketor's, either of them to Capt. Bvellos. Both of these faction quests harm Claws of Veeshan but don't damage the Thurgadin-related factions. Raising faction this way will max Kromzek while Tormax is still kill-on-sight, which complicates the armor quests since the armor NPCs are behind some tormax-faction NPCs. You can continue turning in heads/paws until you're dubious to tormax if you wish since these turn-ins do raise that faction as well, just at a slower rate than Kromzek. Using this method the wife has her Shaman ally to Kael Drakkel factions while also remaining allied to Thurgadin.

You can obtain the necessary Dubious faction to start turning stuff in to Bvellos by killing things like West Wastes dragons or whatever other method you prefer of increasing Kromzek faction that doesn't harm Dwarves.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 11-13-2019 at 01:21 PM..
Old 11-13-2019, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah Tar goos sounds slow maybe faction song and clicky can get me there.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Offer to run dragon heads for shamans / enchanters in WW (this may take you a while)
Old 11-13-2019, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Note that turning in dragon heads to Dlammaz lowers Dain faction if that matters to you. Turning heads in to Kyenka only lowers Claws of Veeshan so that's the one you want to use if you want to preserve Dain faction.

Danth
Old 11-13-2019, 06:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Note that turning in dragon heads to Dlammaz lowers Dain faction if that matters to you. Turning heads in to Kyenka only lowers Claws of Veeshan so that's the one you want to use if you want to preserve Dain faction.

Danth
Thanks
Specifically don't want to lower drain.

Does anyone know what hits the genood rocks quest does? Alla and 99wiki don't know, surprised no one has figured it
Old 11-13-2019, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Dwarf heads. There are ways to acquire them without losing faction.

You can have factioned puller bring quest npc to zoneline and have it hail locked for turn ins iirc.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:49 AM
Fire Giant

Method to start turning in heads to Bvellos while still being KoS (requires some help):

Have someone snare Bvellos (must be Ensnare for its duration).

Have a chanter charm him with Dictate at EW zl.

Have chanter park him using pet guard right around a corner at zl.

Have everyone zone out (chanter last) to clear aggro. He will just stand in place due to being shared and having no aggro.

Be grouped chanter (or someone else that can invis you).

Zone in, get close enough to open trade window with Bvellos from around the corner. You won’t get attacked due to no line of sight.

Once you have trade window open with 4 heads have a group member cast invis on you. You must be invis when clicking trade.

Repeat.

It took me, I wanna say, less than 5-6 turn ins to get out of scowls but could be I’m miss remembering. In any case it wasn’t many. Once out of KoS you’re free to turn in rest of your heads with no tricks.
Old 11-14-2019, 05:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Method to start turning in heads to Bvellos while still being KoS (requires some help):

Have someone snare Bvellos (must be Ensnare for its duration).

Have a chanter charm him with Dictate at EW zl.

Have chanter park him using pet guard right around a corner at zl.

Have everyone zone out (chanter last) to clear aggro. He will just stand in place due to being shared and having no aggro.

Be grouped chanter (or someone else that can invis you).

Zone in, get close enough to open trade window with Bvellos from around the corner. You won’t get attacked due to no line of sight.

Once you have trade window open with 4 heads have a group member cast invis on you. You must be invis when clicking trade.

Repeat.

It took me, I wanna say, less than 5-6 turn ins to get out of scowls but could be I’m miss remembering. In any case it wasn’t many. Once out of KoS you’re free to turn in rest of your heads with no tricks.
That's really interesting but sounds like I'd need a guild or whatever.
I'm really hoping bard faction song and alliance clicky will suffice.
Good to know you can hand in at dubious.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:06 AM
Planar Protector

You don't need the enchanter. Just pull to zoneline, park around the corner with root and snare. Zone out aggro, start invis turnins.

Just a ranger or druid helping you is plenty.
Closed Thread