Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 02:29 AM
Sarnak

Default Could green go to luclin?

I know a lot of people are ready to answer "no", but I just want to present the scenario first. Basically, green/teal would go through their normal timeline and they would hit the point where they merge back into blue. Instead of this happening, the server would move to luclin and your characters would be permanently copied over to blue. From that point, you would be able to keep playing on green on your copied characters before the server would eventually be restarted again in about two years.

I believe most people would choose to stay for luclin just because of the novelty of it and because it's something new. The main reasons to think about this at this point are 1) the staff has pretty much completed all their main objectives at this point 2) we've played the first three expansions enough to where everyone has had a chance to experience the content many times over 3) luclin "ruined" some aspects of eq but brought a lot of interesting things that are nostalgic and worth experiencing.

AA? Raids in ssraeshza temple? Grinding out your alts in paludal caverns? Beastlords? Obviously, these things are outside the spirit of p99 blue. But as a short experiment on a server with no long term aspirations, it could be ALOT of fun. There are a lot of things I would like to do again in luclin since I've accomplished a lot already in the first two expansions.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 11-16-2019, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

Your idea is rational. However, I think one of the main reasons Luclin won't happen here is that the project leaders themselves don't love Luclin.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:54 AM
Planar Protector

Contractually no
Old 11-16-2019, 03:55 AM
Planar Protector

A lot here would welcome it, and a lot wouldn't, but none of that matters. Server devs have stated they never never never will do it. Unfortunately, that's your answer.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Contractually no
This. I believe it is part of the agreement with Daybreak that they stick to Velious.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:39 AM
Fire Giant

They can't program mobs to not fall through the floor after 10 years do you really think they can make luclin work
Old 11-16-2019, 09:16 AM
Fire Giant

I am hoping for custom content. Fill in the holes on the map, Barren Coast off Stonebrunt, Unkempt Wood off Jaggedpine Forest, Rujarkian Hills between South Karana and Orc Highway. Make Kerra a playable race. Symbol quests for every deity.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am hoping for custom content. Fill in the holes on the map, Barren Coast off Stonebrunt, Unkempt Wood off Jaggedpine Forest, Rujarkian Hills between South Karana and Orc Highway. Make Kerra a playable race. Symbol quests for every deity.
/jedi "This is not the server you're looking for."
Old 11-16-2019, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Oh. Man. I actually loved Paludal Caverns.
Old 11-16-2019, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

get out