Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 02:31 AM
Large Bat

Question How does one determine melee skill caps for Druids?

I thought all classes had similar melee skill caps for weapons, but apparently that is not the case. Wiki shows 2h blunt for druids does cap early at 175 at level 50 and beyond, but can't find the formula for each level. Reason I'm asking is because my 19 druid has a 2h blunt cap of 77, which just seems odd. Yes, it's capped, because for the past few levels, I noticed it would go up 5 points and then just stop. So for 18, I stopped at 72 and at 17, it was 67. Something doesn't seem right. Should either not be going up 5 points each level or the cap got broken somewhere in the leveling process.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:02 AM
Fire Giant

Interestingly I noticed very similar odd numbers for 2hb and offense on Cleric. My buddy also noticed on Shaman and we were discussing it. I logged right after leveling last night and I will watch my skillups when I play next.

<The A-Team>
Old 11-10-2019, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoklaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reason I'm asking is because my 19 druid has a 2h blunt cap of 77, which just seems odd. Yes, it's capped, because for the past few levels, I noticed it would go up 5 points and then just stop.
Weapon skills don't go up 5 per level on a priest type. Offense/defense do, but not individual weapon skills. Priest weapon caps are 4X level plus 4 up until the associated skill cap. Hence you aren't capping when you think you are. P1999 can be prone to long stretches of no skillups followed by bursts of skillups in rapid succession which is most likely what you're encountering. 2HB can at times be slow to skill up as most such weapons are rather slow-swinging, resulting in fewer chances to roll for a successful skill gain. Perhaps try to find a DEX buff; supposedly that can help improve offensive skillup rates.

Danth
Old 11-20-2019, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

4*level + 4

Or (level+1)*4

Final cap is 200 I think? Sometimes its 175