Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 06:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t know anyone who watches the same four hour movie / tv show twice a week every week for years on end
Ames told me once that he watches the Sopranos on a loop every single night to fall asleep. I find that to be repulsive and weird but whatevs
Old 04-10-2019, 03:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awfal is having his life flash before his eyes right now
Gonna have a seizure from seeing that many loading screens all at once
Old 04-10-2019, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I appreciate the response, but I don't think it's a great comparison.

I enjoy replaying some old classic video games from time to time, as I'm sure many of us do; or re-watching a television series I enjoyed, or a movie, going on an amusement park ride I've been on before, eating a favorite dish at a local restaurant, etc., etc. Part of life is some sort of repetitiveness, re-enjoying things we experienced in the past, etc., and I think everyone agrees that's perfectly normal.

On the other hand, outside of perhaps a psychological disorder book, and P99 [particularly R99], I don't know anyone who watches the same hours long movie multiple times a week every week for years, or who replays Super Mario World from start to finish 3x a week every week for 6+ years, goes on the same amusement park ride every single week multiple times, etc.

Wasn't really meant as an attack on people who do enjoy doing it, but I question whether people really actually enjoy it or of this is just there sense of purpose and/or community; with the game being something that enables the former.
Admittedly it isn't a good comparison. It is however a great response someone gave me in a similar discussion when I asked a similar question. The point being that people enjoy things differently and doing so doesn't make them psychotic.

That doesn't mean I think all of your points are incorrect. I agree with the spirit of most of it. Just think that is misses the mark by suggesting that everyone beyond a certain point is psychotic for still playing a game (book, movie, whatever).

I completely agree that:
There are some very warped people on this server.
There are people that play ungodly amounts of time here.
Some of them are the same.

I'm not defending the ToV crowd. Don't really know them to be honest. I've spent less than a few hours in ToV since the 90's
Old 04-10-2019, 06:45 PM
Kobold

Didn't you quit like 100 years ago HB? I never saw you again after RD went away. Good to know you like to stay active in forum questing though.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't you quit like 100 years ago HB? I never saw you again after RD went away. Good to know you like to stay active in forum questing though.
I played in empire and got all the velious server firsts, first vulak loot, and have two SoD’s, check my LinkedIn for more deets.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

You must have a difficult time watching anything that involves sarcasm
Old 04-12-2019, 02:14 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hey guys, we've been running this server for 5+ years of Kunark and many more years of Velious to come

We've noticed because of our far from classic timeline there's tons of retards piling up at max level so we're also making the content not classic - something we said we don't do

honk honk
Old 04-12-2019, 02:20 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

give it a few weeks
Old 04-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

im the best player on the serverr
Old 04-12-2019, 03:07 PM
Banned

Tune is

You're a wet bag of dirt by comparison