Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server has never been anything but "classic" in name and spirit. Green will never be a true classic EQ server. Those are 20 years old and are never coming back.
Damnit man, but why do you have to come in with logic and reason? Like... that Shits cutting my feels deep right now. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 12-10-2020, 01:51 AM
Banned

When has a 60 Ranger ever hurt Everquest? #Nutclassic
Old 12-10-2020, 02:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100% confirmed across multiple toons of various level/race/class combos.
aïe aïe aïe
i picture you fast switching through 50 toons furiously to double take everything with your pen and calculator. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

thanks for warning everyone i guess. this is very selfless of you.

however this is very false isn't it?
"Hey me, that was cool! This time it worked out and you did something fun/unique/difficult."

it's not "Hey me", it's "Hey every other EQ players" - you're constantly yelling & bragging on the forum.
there are some "hey me" kind of people out there, but we never hear about them.
you're not one of them. you're a "look at me" kind of people.

in the end, i'm with loramin and co here (incl. yourself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]), everything around the quest xp nerf sounds very stupid and goes against everything this project is apparently standing for. it sucks.

but come on, you brought that on yourself man.
only thing left to do is see the irony and laugh about it.
good luck.
Old 12-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Aviak

correct me if im wrong but i don't think people were corpsing 1000+ scrolls in classic.

just like how swarm kiting was reduced to 25 mobs, certain things on this server need to be nerfed/balanced in order to compensate with the times...
Old 12-10-2020, 04:02 AM
Decaying Skeleton

So... here's my take on all this, the nobody that I am around here.

Ultimately with the release of green, Project 1999 is a failure. Absolutely, totally and completely. Entirely. It is and always will be, now and forever, just a group of nerds pirating EQ and making their own custom server with custom rules, custom assets and custom gameplay. Its not EverQuest at all, and this isn't necessarily only the blame of the staff, but it is partially their failure.

I wanted to play P99 for so, so, so long. But, I held off. I wanted to give it time. A bit like we do with early access games. I waited for the green server. They launched it, and my favorite aspect of EverQUEST was disabled. The quests. Well, the part of them that progress your character level.

See, here's where I see something the P99 staff fail to, completely. How the gameplay we all know and remember about EQ... the grouping, the endless slaughter of mobs, how people say things like "there's actually very few quests in EverQuest". Uh, I personally believe that THIS gameplay which has been FORCIBLY enforced by the P99 staff is actually the REAL 'unintended gameplay'. The people who made EverQuest, Brad McQuad and such? They didn't come up with all of the hundreds of quests in the game so that people could ignore them, but a lot of people did. That is true.. but not all of us did. Some people love the questing aspect of EverQuest. I'm one of those people. And for me, Project 1999 is only for people that slay endless hordes of mobs, that much has been perfectly clear and that's so very boring, disappointing and sad for a project with so much love and passion behind it as this. What a failure! You might as well have made World of Warcraft. A game for people that just turn their brains off and kill monsters endlessly, raid and then do nothing else. Congratulations?

Look at classes like the Bard. The Enchanter. Sure, these classes have combat abilities, but they also have special advantages for DOING QUESTS that make them unique. The bard's run speed was not so they could DoT dozens of monsters at once. It was so they could run mail between the cities, it was so they could quickly deliver belts to Kaladim. It was so that you could adventure is Norrath, and progress your character, even if nobody else played EverQuest anymore. That's right, for the most part, they designed a world that could accommodate a lonely traveler, all alone in the world, and that was great game design.

Why would someone like me ever want to play on Project 1999 when the staff want hate questing? They feel the only 'legit' way to play EverQuest is to endlessly grind monsters, when the real developers of EverQuest actually wanted you to DO QUESTS ENDLESSLY, HENCE THE NAME EVER-FREAKING-QUEST. Just because players took their own routes to progress through the game, and the path-of-least-resistance become the most popular, does not mean that enforcing that gameplay style and ONLY that gameplay style is "Recreating Classic EverQuest". Its recreating Your Quest, Not Mine.

Congratulations Project 1999. On throwing away 10 years of your lives making a custom server that ultimately was a failure. All because you hate Quests. Well, that pretty much means you hate EverQuest too then, because like it or not they're the real game behind the endless grind of XP and levels. The stories and adventures you have doing quests are where the real magic exists in this game, and yes, the people you meet along the way too. Not the raiding or the level up groups. You can find that in... every MMO ever made.

As for Castle and people like him? (Sorry Castle) The obvious solution was to just ban them. Obviously exploiting the game with hundreds of accounts is pissing all over everything the game stands for, just like multiboxing does.

Instead of nerfing the game with quests giving less XP for newbies and such, you really should have just let people play the game. People that turn in thousands of bone chips or whatever, they do no harm to anyone but themselves. They bore themselves out of the adventure and soon disappear.

As for me, I'm sold on the idea that the staff here can't be trusted with providing EverQuest, I gave them 3 chances. I was very patient, and very lenient. They failed me 3 times:

At launch on green, quest xp disabled.
At launch of kunark, quest xp disabled, and now, quest xp permanently shadow nerfed because f*ck us that's why.

Ban me. Hide my post. Prevent it from appearing. I don't care. Good for you if you do. Doesn't change what's true.

Goodbye EverQuest. I'll continue to recreate you for myself on my own on live with self made restrictions and rules the best I can. Its... actually pretty easy to do really. If you just don't use a lot of the newer things, the game is still pretty hard all by yourself.
Old 12-10-2020, 06:38 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I won't comment too much on the rest of what you said, other than to say I agree with the general sentiment. If they ever tired of the name Project 1999, I think a rename to Rogeans Personal Elf Simulator would work just as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluryu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for Castle and people like him? (Sorry Castle) The obvious solution was to just ban them. Obviously exploiting the game with hundreds of accounts is pissing all over everything the game stands for, just like multiboxing does.
I disagree with this in part. If they didn't want these things happening then they ought to have implemented server rules saying we can't do them - and then only after that should they ban people for doing it.
As is, any server that just straight up bans players because they do something they didn't anticipate / desire without it breaking the rules, is trash, because it admits the admins will ban any player at any time for any arbitrary reason they decide upon. Not exactly a place worth investing your time into.

People need to look beyond Castle and what he did as well. He might have been the instigator for these changes, but he's not the one who made them and therefore can't be blamed for what happened. Blame lies solely at the feet of those who made the decisions.
Last edited by Solemnus; 12-10-2020 at 06:44 AM..
Old 12-10-2020, 08:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remove the sarcasm and biased interpretation of facts and that is somewhat accurate. Thanks Jaded. But I guess removing sarcasm and bias would delete the post entirely. Could have just quoted me and gave at thumbs up, pal.
“My abuse of the free account system to hoard gnoll scrolls is a grand tale, comparable to slaying the Sleeper” is just such a patently insane take that only stunned sarcasm can suffice.

I’m sorry you’re this way.
Last edited by jadier; 12-10-2020 at 08:28 AM..
Old 12-10-2020, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by notscrollinguptocheckname
i picture you fast switching through 50 toons furiously to double take everything with your pen and calculator.
Excel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] No pen, no paper, no toon switching. 21st century baby.

Also, I think this person missed the joke. I am starting to think the average joe lacks a sense of humor, whose mind must be prompted by a primetime TV laugh track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaded
I’m sorry you’re this way.
Must feel bad knowing you aren't very creative and lack discipline.

Continue to opine in my thread. I care enough about your opinion to not just copy-pasta previous response.
Old 12-10-2020, 10:30 AM
Banned

guys, check out how good i am at abusing emulator mechanics in 2020
Old 12-10-2020, 10:52 AM
Banned

I think you got it backwards. I had this idea for a long time and yellow text is not the driver. If you check my sig, you'll see I kind of like to play the game outside the "box". I create my own goals and achievements.

Try setting some goals and achievements in real life and stop looking for ways to abuse a 2 0 year old game
Closed Thread