Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

I want to follow up that you all need to take a step back, unload your personal bias and use your heads. We can all go nuts on a single tormax and you might win that single tormax. In the process sirken will watch ~100 people standing around waiting for a mob and he will roll his eyes and slap down a generic rule that you'll all nit pick over for the next few months bc we're all hopeless. Or you could approach this with an eye toward the future where every guild has to commit 2? people with a handful of sow potions and all be on equal footing, so every single week for the foreseeable future your guilds have a legitimate chance to win an fte which results in you getting 20 minutes to mobilize a raid force and kill a high end target... This then ends up going over well bc the playing field is fair and we open up tov to similar opportunities where every guild can compete on a playing field that is both equitable and reasonable.

Just bc we propose something that helps reduce the commitment burden for ourselves does not always immediately result in a net negative for you. Use your heads and actually think about the implications and outcomes of your stances in the long term. Your guilds do not have to be relegated to kunark for another 6 months just bc youre too proud to acknowledge when your opposition is trying to be reasonable and constructive.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Divinity will attend
Old 03-29-2016, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

The problem with SoW only is it allows people with:

Bind sight
Levitate rings
Shadowstep masks

To get an advantage.

Whereas if you put everyone on Spirit of Scale, you cannot cast bind sight inside for that slight advantage, you won't be advantaged to instant click Shadowstep masks or lev rings as that will kill your SoS also.

Really, it's a speed buff cast every 72min and prevents a lot of the retarded cheese strategies, putting everyone on even footing. Yes, it does require a shaman or Druid show up every hour to cast a buff... We all know the server doesn't have any shortage of those two classes. If you have several FTEers willing to sit waiting for a mob to spawn during a 16 hour window, surely you can get a Druid or a shaman to show up once an hour to refresh buffs.

I had a long drawn out post written up and forgot to post before driving for 4 hours and then it poofed. Basically I'm cool with a run up race and the winner being able to classicly clear guards or whatever they want to do... But the way it is written on LawyerQuest 99, it is vague.

How long do they have to make their one attempt? I think 30-60min is solid enough time to split out his guards and then him.
Does a botched pull including Tormax count as your one attempt? IMO if Tormax ever summons someone, I.E. You dropped it to 97% that counts as your attempt.
If a guild is wiping during their one attempt, can guilds attempt to snipe? If so expect a desynchfest of 4 guilds piling on top of each other.
Last edited by Daldaen; 03-29-2016 at 05:58 PM..
Old 03-29-2016, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

20 minutes to engage kt imo. If he slaughters your raid before he's summoning and before you've run a Ch chain on him for more than like a minute then its not an attempt? I'm significantly less concerned with the details of how you kill the mob then I am with what is required to have a reasonable chance at competing in the race week in and week out.

I also don't care if its scale or sow personally. I just know that everyone can sow themselves and scale requires an additional person to commit to the encounter and despite what everyone loves to think, we (aftermath) prefer enlisting as few people as possible to track these targets.
Last edited by Pint; 03-29-2016 at 06:33 PM..
Old 03-29-2016, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

That is a fair point of view to have, but you have to admit, Scale does limit the chance of people using obscure stupid clickies or abilities to gain small advantages, which in this style of an FTE race are absolutely necessary to win since you don't need to live after you get FTE.

Really, if you have people in your guild willing to have several players covering a 16-hour window, you can probably find someone to log on one of the 10,000 druid/shaman alts and cast a speed buff once every 60-72minutes.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is a fair point of view to have, but you have to admit, Scale does limit the chance of people using obscure stupid clickies or abilities to gain small advantages, which in this style of an FTE race are absolutely necessary to win since you don't need to live after you get FTE.

Really, if you have people in your guild willing to have several players covering a 16-hour window, you can probably find someone to log on one of the 10,000 druid/shaman alts and cast a speed buff once every 60-72minutes.
Sure we could. But as stated and as I have been telling you guys for weeks, we're looking to reduce the amount of time required to raid on a 17 year old elf sim. Our agreed statue run ups went from 4 people required to track to about 25. This will happen on KT without fte caps and set rules.

This is no longer about Aftermath and Awakened. This agreement on KT and statue could change the server for the better. It could give any guild a fair chance at killing any mob in velious without forcing the absolute insanity of CoTH maging. All it takes is some simple ground rules and I guarantee my guild will not break them without harsh penalty or even guild removal.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Yes and I think that the allowance of Spirit of Scale reduces the likelihood people will be required to farm Shadowstep masks or have bags of Levitate rings in order to compete. Asking 1 druid or shaman to show up once an hour is hardly increasing the number of people required to put in time tracking.

We just need server agreed upon rules in order for the better server environment to take place. Player made agreements are far too flimsy since there is no recourse if one is broken.

Or... we could just get lots of Sim Repops $$$
Old 03-29-2016, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

Just do sow. Jeez.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:34 PM
Sarnak

How about everyone just posts agenda items instead of pushing their entire pile into the pot in this thread? Sorry I can't attend, I have a RL commitment until about 4pm or so that day. Enjoy a healthy dose of Glorious Dear Leader, Chest Rockwell! :-)
Old 03-29-2016, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just do sow. Jeez.
Pras
Closed Thread