Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Simple solution would be to either agree to start races from the bottom of the entrance stairs either all the time or while a mob is being killed.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

The same thing the guild who kills the mob does with their clerics. There are two safe corners where you can avoid all AEs on a clean kill.

Alternatively, you can push for the entrance pulling to be banned, which I can understand but all that's gonna do is push everyone to LTK for desynch fun.

Or move the starting line up. But if you move it up further on dirty pulls guilds have KoS mobs dropped in entry hallway rarely which you would aggro on occasion.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Realistically there's just going to be a massive desync wherever the raids decide to pile up. Let's assume all parties decide to take a crack at this. You'll have Awakened, Aftermath, BDA, CSG, and Div/Anon. Awakened runs like 70-80, Aftermath is up to 120 sometimes, we're 50-60, CSG is almost 100 sometimes, and I'm sure Div/Anon can easily push 60-70 or more.

There's only two "safe places" to pull to assuming you want to kill NToV dragons which are the entrance and West exit. Pulling to the entrance can possibly kill all the racers. Pulling west is probably better but it still puts multiple guilds on top of each other. Plus coordinating train ups and train downs for a pull when racers could start running should something else pop is going to be frustrating.

Nothing will change for Awakened/Aftermath. They'll want to kill things immediately after pop because they don't want to be tied down to a mob. They'll want to get it dead to make sure they're ready for the next kill. Things will be sketchy when a casual guild gets an FTE and decides to clear to something thus making train pulls problematic.

I can appreciate that the staff took some initiative and proposed something, but I don't think this was thought out. Maybe it can play out better than the nightmare scenarios I'm imagining, but what's likely to happen is someone is going to get trained or killed or they're going to lose a race to some bullshit tactic and people will refuse to deal with this ruleset too.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Last edited by arsenalpow; 04-12-2016 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: Phone posts, wtf
Old 04-12-2016, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
When a dragon in VP spawns, anyone past the VP entrance Blue Pad may not assist their guild in any way. If another dragon spawns while the first one is still alive, this rule becomes void only to the players who were at the zone in pad before the first dragon spawned
Can we modify this rule to work in ToV?

If your racers are out and about going after any dragon spawns, when a second spawn, they should be able to FTE that second dragon if they wish (assuming the first hasn't been FTE'd by them yet) because they were beyond zoneline for the first spawn.
Last edited by Daldaen; 04-12-2016 at 12:46 PM..
Old 04-12-2016, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

That cannot happen. Ive seen you guys abuse this rule by leaving up a dragon in VP and jav spamming at PD spawn point. Too much room for abuse and will completely negate the rule just implemented.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That cannot happen. Ive seen you guys abuse this rule by leaving up a dragon in VP and jav spamming at PD spawn point. Too much room for abuse and will completely negate the rule just implemented.
So basically if you're racing for a mob every racer is disqualified when another mob spawns?

The rule makes a lot of sense because once anyone's FTE goes out the rule is void and people need to get back to zoneline to race. It's no longer important for the mob to be killed, just for a guild to acquire FTE, staking a claim to it.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

If there is a sidenote of not abusing it by leaving up a dragon to stand on another dragons spawn point im fine with it. This will also bring up the issue of always leaving up Sevalak and just not racing for any mobs at all anymore.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

That's a fair point. But with this rule also comes more competition Detoxx. Our guilds may have no interest in engaging Sevalak quickly. Another newly competing ToV guild may however. This is yet to be seen however.

I'm fine with something removing the loophole, sure. But I don't think guilds running after say... Koi Doken, should suddenly be DQ'd from breaking off for Lady M if she spawns during the run up.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rule specifically mentions:

"All Temple of Veeshan raid targets as well as King Tormax / Statue"

I would believe getting FTE on Derakor does not play a role in this.
Makes sense to me but what about tov? Are we just conceding mobs to each other if they spawn in the path of the mob we've secured fte on?

Nvm missed last two pages
Last edited by Pint; 04-12-2016 at 02:02 PM..
Old 04-12-2016, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

I believe that's what is going to have to happen Pint. I don't see much other way around it.
Closed Thread