Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 02:25 PM
Orc

Default Any new players -- look forward to 60.

So, with three 60's now, raid-geared and what not.... the only thing I have learned about everquest is that its unplayable, and unenjoyable in 90% of its aspects.

If you are a new player, take your time leveling to 60. As soon as you get 60, it does not matter what zone you kill in. The game dynamic changes completely, and you will more then often find yourself annoyed.

There will always be:

a) Guild groups who say your camp is theirs, and they will sit on you and ks named while nothing is done about it for days. (not to mention the taunting and crap talk they do in the process). Rustle is a primary example of this.

b) Small mans who take your camp when you are solo killing. (while you are killing a named) saying its their camp, and thus ks the kill by brute force.

c) Top guilds who literally treat one another like third world countries citizens. They will actually try and wipe you're raid, or claim they had rights to a mob you are actively killing and had FTE on, and then pursue lawyer quest because they lost.

d) People who will train you constantly if you get a camp they want, and then proceed to log off before anything happens.

e) I have a lot of respect for the GM's, but they let folks get away with this kind of mentality more than often. If an entire guild group, or small-man is breaking the rules, they should all be punished. Not just 1. I have had them (100% positive) temp ban a player who did this to me, but left the remaining 4, who actually proceeded to stay in my camp and continue killing my mobs. What kind of justice is that?

I am at a loss. The first comment will be "QQ nerdz like get with it"

In reality, I am pretty sure everyone is sick of this play style.
Last edited by jlxharville; 10-27-2016 at 02:38 PM..
Old 10-27-2016, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

Try the red server, its so much better
Old 10-27-2016, 02:37 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpedup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try the red server, its so much better
Debating it, at least I could kill them. There would be some solace in this.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

Ack, i'm sorry to hear your experience hasn't been the best.

As someone who has spent a metric fuck ton of time involved in the most sought after money camps.. I haven't really experienced the same.

A) There has been ONE time a guild group tried to take a camp that was clearly my groups. We petitioned, and Braknar was there maybe 5-10 minutes later. I disagreed with his ruling, however his resolution certainly wasn't unfair. (Both groups leave seb right now)

B) What camp is this?

C) Yes, raiding is a little bit brutal. However, for what we have to work with, it's really not that bad. Non instanced raiding will always cause squabbles. However, it's certainly better than the alternative, which would mean all targets are pretty much FFA, and whichever guild does the most damage wins. Unless we started to do mob resets for individual guilds, there isn't much we can actually do.

D) Again, i've spent an absolute fuck ton of time at money camps. It's extremely rare for my group to be intentionally trained. In fact, one of the only times I remember this actually happening, is the instance I talked about in my A) response. What camps are you primarily talking about?

E) We can't fault a whole group for one asshole. It's not fair. It's also difficult for a GM to monitor such thing, as, from what I can tell, they don't have logs to go off of. I.E, your at king camp, and say you get trained by 3+ Myconid Warriors. I don't believe they have the available information to quickly tell how you were trained (I.E Recent agro lists for a mob, If a mob had Twochain as it's initial agro at 10-27-2016 @ 2:46pm EST, then agro moves directly to your toon/group,) So more often than not, they would have to be present to see the tomfoolery happen. My suggestion to you if this happens is to /petition, but do not tell the other person you have done so. Fraps recording would definitely help make your case, as would chat logs.

Only YOU can prevent forest fires.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlxharville [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, with three 60's now, raid-geared and what not.... the only thing I have learned about everquest is that its unplayable, and unenjoyable in 90% of its aspects.
You wouldn't have 3 60s if 90% of the game were "unplayable, and unenjoyable." Furthermore, if these things were true, you'd be telling people to quit now... not to play the game in a drawn-out manner.

Your problems aren't EQ. Your problems are people. And you seem to have exceptionally bad luck (or you're having a hard time remembering all the good and neutral times because bad times stick out in memory more clearly), cause I've played here a hell of a lot longer and more than you have, and the really shitty experiences like a group waltzing in and taking over your solo camp or getting intentionally trained are very few and far between in my experience.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:08 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ack, i'm sorry to hear your experience hasn't been the best.

As someone who has spent a metric fuck ton of time involved in the most sought after money camps.. I haven't really experienced the same.

A) There has been ONE time a guild group tried to take a camp that was clearly my groups. We petitioned, and Braknar was there maybe 5-10 minutes later. I disagreed with his ruling, however his resolution certainly wasn't unfair. (Both groups leave seb right now)

B) What camp is this?

C) Yes, raiding is a little bit brutal. However, for what we have to work with, it's really not that bad. Non instanced raiding will always cause squabbles. However, it's certainly better than the alternative, which would mean all targets are pretty much FFA, and whichever guild does the most damage wins. Unless we started to do mob resets for individual guilds, there isn't much we can actually do.

D) Again, i've spent an absolute fuck ton of time at money camps. It's extremely rare for my group to be intentionally trained. In fact, one of the only times I remember this actually happening, is the instance I talked about in my A) response. What camps are you primarily talking about?

E) We can't fault a whole group for one asshole. It's not fair. It's also difficult for a GM to monitor such thing, as, from what I can tell, they don't have logs to go off of. I.E, your at king camp, and say you get trained by 3+ Myconid Warriors. I don't believe they have the available information to quickly tell how you were trained (I.E Recent agro lists for a mob, If a mob had Twochain as it's initial agro at 10-27-2016 @ 2:46pm EST, then agro moves directly to your toon/group,) So more often than not, they would have to be present to see the tomfoolery happen. My suggestion to you if this happens is to /petition, but do not tell the other person you have done so. Fraps recording would definitely help make your case, as would chat logs.

Only YOU can prevent forest fires.
It doesn't happen so much when I am actively WITH a group. It happens when I try and solo, which is something that I do enjoy doing on enchanter. If I have a couple friends there, it isn't generally a problem, but even then maybe I do have bad luck. This happens all the time to me. Any of the cash camps, velks, seb etc.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:08 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You wouldn't have 3 60s if 90% of the game were "unplayable, and unenjoyable." Furthermore, if these things were true, you'd be telling people to quit now... not to play the game in a drawn-out manner.

Your problems aren't EQ. Your problems are people. And you seem to have exceptionally bad luck (or you're having a hard time remembering all the good and neutral times because bad times stick out in memory more clearly), cause I've played here a hell of a lot longer and more than you have, and the really shitty experiences like a group waltzing in and taking over your solo camp or getting intentionally trained are very few and far between in my experience.
In you're experience, being the key word. Sure, I have had good times. But when I just wanna do me, and go out and farm or whatever -- its the same every day.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlxharville [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't happen so much when I am actively WITH a group. It happens when I try and solo, which is something that I do enjoy doing on enchanter. If I have a couple friends there, it isn't generally a problem, but even then maybe I do have bad luck. This happens all the time to me. Any of the cash camps, velks, seb etc.
Well, velks is definitely train city. Maybe sometimes it's by accident?
Old 10-27-2016, 03:19 PM
Banned

You have 3 level 60’s and say the game is unplayable… I am a firm believer that P99 should be fun, nostalgic, and more about the alt/twinking game than anything else. I disagree with people who make P99 their “main game” – P99 is my fall back when I have nothing else to play. If you operate under this mindset you will have much more fun on P99.

Level to 60, kill all the raid dragons a 2-3 times, and move along to something else. When you get bored of that "something else" come back and twink an alt. Rinse and repeat - the key to P99 success
Old 10-27-2016, 03:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, velks is definitely train city. Maybe sometimes it's by accident?
You are the biggest PoS cash camper on the forums, drop the Eddie Haskell routine.
Closed Thread