Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The entire point of an unpaid internship, like requiring your kids to work at age 14, is to teach work ethic

That way you don't end up posting 24/7 complaining about how you "deserve" more. There are many paths in life, the point is that exactly none of them are easy or are facilitated by being a whiny Ass bitch

Hope this helps! Bring back slavery
Yea, there's a few things going on here:

1) These kids aren't actually skilled enough to justify paying in our modern capitalist economy. Sorry, its just the case.

2) This allows the rich to let their kids do all the high class work (while they support them) and get into high-class rackets that the poor/middle can't afford to.

3) It's an easy way to get college credit. You sit at a desk and do your homework because your never important enough to actually have anything to do at these internships

4) Xaanka might have a dated understanding of internships...he seems to think this is some sucker-minorty of idiots...when in modern times its usually the sign your kid is doing all-right. People are getting pretty snobby at the top....they look at your resume and see you worked friet at Fred Myer or something for 3 yeas and think to themselves..."what kind of idiot works friet for 3 years....we don't need someone like that...(we need someone with rich parents that did an unpaid internship like me)." It's higher status to say something like "I vacationed across the country and meet all kinds of different people, then I went to Europe...and.."

5) Xaanka is talking tech....Tech is probably different than Liberal Arts graduates (unless they are doing tech). Tech is fucking hell to me. Id rather work friet...people into tech seem pretty stupid about this fact when they talk to other people. They take it for granted that they actually are OK with the shit and others aren't. Science is probably closer to Liberal Arts...but Tech is unique in that kids can actually help you when they have only minimal skill in it.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 01-18-2018 at 04:38 PM..
Old 01-18-2018, 04:32 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, there's a few things going on here:

4) Xaanka might have a dated understanding of internships...he seems to think this is some sucker-minorty of idiots...when in modern times its usually the sign your kid is doing all-right. People are getting pretty snobby at the top....they look at your resume and see you worked fret at Fred Myer or something for 3 yeas and think to themselves..."what kind of idiot works fret for 3 years....we don't need someone like that...(we need someone with rich parents that did an unpaid internship like me)." It's higher status to say something like "I vacationed across the country and meet all kinds of different people, then I went to Europe...and.."
i have never once in my life seen anyone in an unpaid intership get hired or promoted to a position that isn't hiring people who only have an HS diploma and no work experience alongside them.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i have never once in my life seen anyone in an unpaid intership get hired or promoted to a position that isn't hiring people who only have an HS diploma and no work experience alongside them.
Did you work for like big law firm or google or something?
Old 01-18-2018, 04:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The entire point of an unpaid internship, like requiring your kids to work at age 14, is to teach work ethic

That way you don't end up posting 24/7 complaining about how you "deserve" more. There are many paths in life, the point is that exactly none of them are easy or are facilitated by being a whiny Ass bitch

Hope this helps! Bring back slavery
the best way to learn work ethic is to induce extreme suffering and threat of death unless the subject works extremely long hours with high executive functioning.

I'll be including this in my first millenial self-improvement book called, "How to Work Hard You Little Bitch, You Deserve Nothing Except Death"

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2018, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the best way to learn work ethic is to induce extreme suffering and threat of death unless the subject works extremely long hours with high executive functioning.

I'll be including this in my first millenial self-improvement book called, "How to Work Hard You Little Bitch, You Deserve Nothing Except Death"

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!
best way to learn work ethic is for the government to just provide everything for your children and all you have to do as a parent is praise them and tell them they're one of a kind and deserve everything.

-a liberal

LOL here is evidence I am not just making a joke: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/17/t...on-iphone.html

saw that right after I left this website after that post.
Last edited by mickmoranis; 01-18-2018 at 05:19 PM..
Old 01-18-2018, 05:22 PM
Banned

i really, really detest people saying "You deserve [xxx]"

NO. You don't deserve anything, except death.

you literally deserve nothing except exactly what you are experiencing in your present moment

there is no romantic story arc to life

there is no climax, no resolution; there is no redemption except in the samadhi experience one gains through deep inner awakening when you come to realize you are within and without the Universe itself and are merely a tool of self-experience

DELIVER ME UNTO DEATH O LORD FOR IT IS ALL I DESERVE AND IF I WANT TO LIVE IN THE BATH OF LUXURY I WILL WORK HARD TO BECOME SUPERIOR TO MY PEERS AND THEN SUBJUGATE THEM, THEIR FAMILIES, AND THEIR CHILDREN UNTIL ONE OF THEM BECOMES THE SUPERIOR HUMAN CAPABLE OF SLAYING ME AND THEN I WILL DRAW MY LIGHTSABER AND CHARGE AND BE KILLED AND IN MY DEATHRATTLE I SHALL SMILE FOR AT LAST I AM FREE TO EXPERIENCE THE ONLY THING I HAVE EVER TRULY DESERVED
Old 01-18-2018, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Question

you under lotta stress skarls? working lots? seem a bit darker lately than usual :c

*pats skarlorn softly on the back*
Old 01-18-2018, 05:30 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you work for like big law firm or google or something?
I've worked at google
Old 01-18-2018, 05:30 PM
Banned

u nailed it pal last week i put in an 80 hr and i'm looking to have only 1 day off this weekend. i'm pretty inefficient today so lookin 4wad to day off

fortunately it's all leading to major CAPITAL

i could really use a massage and a hand job from someone i never see again
Old 01-18-2018, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
My children did unpaid internships and now the lowest earner among them makes $180k a year for 34 hours a week as a CRNA

Y'all clearly know what you're talking about. Jesus Christ I don't know why I defend white people. You deserve to be replaced by Jews
If you attend a top 40 school the internship is

1) guaranteed
2) paid
3) dont suck and get offered your Masters + major stack of cash salary

all three of those thing are entitled to anyone attending a top 40 school. After the top 40 the rate of internship entitlement programs drop off significantly.

country is still a meritocracy even if ur kids made it out of the sand. u basically want to send out 40 college applications in hopes one of the top 40's will randomly select you for meriting

this is 88 wisdom. 40 applications bitch. write it down. the number 40 is a biblical number n it also happens to be all the princeton ranking system has room for. if u fall to 41th or 42nd place ur school immediately loses the above perks.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 01-18-2018 at 05:38 PM..
Closed Thread