Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 12:09 PM
Kobold

Default Re-newb

Good morning. Just created a new account here. I did have one prior, but my email was not recognized. Patch 27 was the last one applied to my P99 files. My first account on EQEmu was created in 2003. Most of that was spent on Winter's Roar/Shards of Dalaya server (Ranger/Cleric), but I think I had a character or two on P99 server. I left EQLive (Monk/Necro) during the PoP/GoD timeframe, character mid 50s. I did log in on free to play about 3 years ago and got them out of Luclin gear and leveled up into the 80s, got Epics, etc.

I want to show my son old school EQ, he spends most of his time on Roblox, so I think the world of Norath wil still amaze him and the graphics are just as good if not better than he would be used to (Roblox/Minecraft graphics)

I do have a concern with being able to log us both in at the same time. I use PIA vpn in my house, all internet traffic is routed through it. Will this be a concern? Should I contact admin before logging in? I don't want to risk getting banned before I even get started.

Thank you for reading this and any advice to an old reborn Newbie would be appreciated.

Garnaak (Soon to be born High Elf Enchanter - level 0)
Old 05-22-2019, 12:52 PM
Kobold

Default Old account is still here

Well, when I patched to 47 and started my old account login was there. A few password guesses later I logged in. So I do not need to start completely fresh. But I do need to search keyboard controls again, I have no idea what I am doing. Just hanging out in EC tunnel until I can figure it out...
Old 05-22-2019, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

One IP address = one player. You need to request permission(in the applicable forum) if you want to have a second computer connecting with the same IP.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:58 PM
Large Bat

If you want to have two people play from the same IP you will need an IP Exemption. You can request an IP Exemption in the petition section of the forums.

IP Exemption: This is for requesting to be exempt from the limit of 1 connection per IP Address. You may request exemption if you have more than 1 real person playing from the same IP. When posting for this, please include the account names of every person that will be playing from the same IP, as well as the identities (real first names) / relations to those players, and please make sure that at least one character has been created under each account. Please verify the spelling of each account you specify. This format works best: Real first name - Relationship - Loginserver Account Name
If you fail to provide us the format we have requested it will delay your request.
If you have requested an IP Exemption in the past please provide those accounts too.
This will fix the "Temporary IP ban" error.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

If you have access to a VPN (they're only like $5/month) you can use that on one computer (and not on the other) to let your son play until the exemption is granted.

That is 100% within the rules as long as there is a human being in front of each computer. But the moment you start playing both computers yourself you risk having your account banned (ie. don't do it).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

Hellooo GARnak!!

Wowza! There's a lot to unpack here. Let's see what we can do for you though. First and foremoast, I would strongly urge to reconsider your name selection. The specific collection of sounds you've strung together are much too harsh on the tongue to *believably* be received as HIGH ELVISH.

Nextond, I suggest you make deliberate efforts to ensure that you are not in fact your "son." *winks slyly at you* Only after you have established the indelible certainty of your separate existences should you even consider in the risky business of VPNs and IP Exemptions.

Welcome to Norrath!
Old 05-23-2019, 10:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have access to a VPN (they're only like $5/month) you can use that on one computer (and not on the other) to let your son play until the exemption is granted.

That is 100% within the rules as long as there is a human being in front of each computer. But the moment you start playing both computers yourself you risk having your account banned (ie. don't do it).
The VPN routes all traffic out of my firewall. All devices within my house use it.
Closed Thread