Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will you share your Druid's name with use so that we may appropriately boycott this bigoted unicorn?
haha. No. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-14-2016, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haha. No. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
:c

Well, if you'll not suffer our wrath we will all have to content ourselves with decrying the prejudice of DAP...
Old 10-14-2016, 03:44 PM
Large Bat

Is 1p per level the going rate? I try and always tip 5p if I can afford it, but I'm usually broke from buying spells.

I have had nothing but great experiences with Dial. One member ported my buddy to NK 3 times because he kept dieing there since he was KOS. First time we didn't know, second time he cast a spell and lost invis, third time it finally worked out and we got him safely away from the circle.

I wish I remember the name of the person because he went above and beyond for the 10p and the 15 minutes he spent getting us safely to our destination.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boonsly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is 1p per level the going rate? I try and always tip 5p if I can afford it, but I'm usually broke from buying spells.

I have had nothing but great experiences with Dial. One member ported my buddy to NK 3 times because he kept dieing there since he was KOS. First time we didn't know, second time he cast a spell and lost invis, third time it finally worked out and we got him safely away from the circle.

I wish I remember the name of the person because he went above and beyond for the 10p and the 15 minutes he spent getting us safely to our destination.
Yep. That's been my experience too. I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with DaP. Keep spreading the word how great the guild is, and just ignore the haters. This guild is probably the best thing to ever happen to the server, imo. They only help the server and it's population, spreading joy and ports to all in need.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep. That's been my experience too. I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with DaP. Keep spreading the word how great the guild is, and just ignore the haters. This guild is probably the best thing to ever happen to the server, imo. They only help the server and it's population, spreading joy and ports to all in need.
Thank you for the kind words Lhancelot. We try our best to be the best at what we do.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 10-15-2016, 02:41 AM
Planar Protector

Sometimes there is only one DAP online, so I imagine they are quite busy so want to make sure they deliver all the players who value the port most first. In this circumstance I can understand why some porters will refuse to take low tip rides.

I don't have a DaP and can only imagine how busy they are. If I so much as set foot into the common lands to buy bat wings on my wizard I'm likely to get tells within seconds requesting ports. This is no problem as I am happy to add 5 minutes on to my journey to save a few strangers and hour or so more.

I don't think 1pp/level is the going rate. 20-40 pp seems to be the ball park for those that tip, regardless of level. Maybe a third or quarter of player don't tip. TBH I am happy to port anyone for free as long as they are wearing less than 20k in gear. If they aren't then the begrudgingly get a free port instead.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes there is only one DAP online, so I imagine they are quite busy so want to make sure they deliver all the players who value the port most first. In this circumstance I can understand why some porters will refuse to take low tip rides.

I don't have a DaP and can only imagine how busy they are. If I so much as set foot into the common lands to buy bat wings on my wizard I'm likely to get tells within seconds requesting ports. This is no problem as I am happy to add 5 minutes on to my journey to save a few strangers and hour or so more.

I don't think 1pp/level is the going rate. 20-40 pp seems to be the ball park for those that tip, regardless of level. Maybe a third or quarter of player don't tip. TBH I am happy to port anyone for free as long as they are wearing less than 20k in gear. If they aren't then the begrudgingly get a free port instead.
These are the words of an empathetic, good human being. You see the Norrathian world not only through your own eyes, but even those of a DaP member!

I honestly think 1pp per lvl is about right. When I was leveling in KC, at 50+ on one of my millions of alts, I had no problem affording 50pp for a port.

It's not a server requirement or a DaP written rule from what I understand, but 1pp per level for a port is about as fair as you can get. If you want to give more or less depending on your current monetary situation that should be fine too though.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:39 AM
Sarnak

I get it, I guess there could be trash in any guild, but while on my wizard I try my best to give every customer the best experience. When my guild tag is up (service porting), I don't take more than two tells before I drop my tag. Having a flurry of tells will reduce my reponse time. I try to expedite their travel time, taking any tips they can afford, even declining if they are low level and starting out, and I ALWAYS thank them.

We also pride ourselves on free CRs. Even though I'm a wizard and can't offer the other useful buffs like druids, I always offer levitate and invisible with very port, even asking if they need a sow and give them a drink of a sow pot if so needed (no extra charge). I will cast Evacuate West Karana after porting to WK if they are headed to Qeynos/Halas area to get them to the Qeynos Hills zl, all this regardless of the tip amount.

I simply want to treat my customers how I want to be treated. Again I guess there are bad apples in every bunch, but I think that most of us in DaP take our responsibility seriously. I'm truly sorry if others experiences with DaP are horrible.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

I'm money hungry when on my porter, or more like lazy if it's not for money. If I see "looking for a port," not sending a tell. "Anyone porting?" Ignoring that too. Too often these people want free ports.

"Wtb port to xxx" (somewhere i can tl) then I'm on that. Somewhere i can't tl? Not unless they specifically state how much they're paying in the auction/ooc. Also as soon as they pay, they get ported. If you're trying to pay after or skip out on payment you're waiting a few minutes.
Old 10-15-2016, 04:34 PM
Banned

today i tipped Drunkendrood of <Dial a Port> for binding me

i gave him 10 Lendel's Grand Lager and Two Left Goblin Ears
Closed Thread