Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 01:20 PM
Large Bat

Talking Fungi Tunic

Hey guys, im just curious as a low level, where should i go camp and start farming items to sell at EC tunnels where i can start to save up for a Fungi? ive got myself a level 9 SK which ill be playing mostly and a 23 Warrior which is strictly to play with friends. Soloing with a melee class is a lot harder then i remember when i was 6 LOL. any tips or tricks to help earn a decent amount of cash is appreciated! (On Blue server)
Old 12-12-2019, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Leveling a Druid and porting for plat seems to be the easiest way
Old 12-12-2019, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

It would be faster to level to 50 and try to get an XP group to go camp it. At this point in Blues economy, a Fungi costs like 50k if not more and this is really not a realistic amount of money to farm on your own until you are 50+, and at that point you can camp it yourself
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-12-2019, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would be faster to level to 50 and try to get an XP group to go camp it. At this point in Blues economy, a Fungi costs like 50k if not more and this is really not a realistic amount of money to farm on your own until you are 50+, and at that point you can camp it yourself
fungi...at 50...

....ok
Old 12-12-2019, 02:45 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i get that, but i was hoping to try and get it so my solo ability was better. Im just trying to find an item or a stack of something that sells between 500pp-1000pp which i can start farming it once i get to that appropriate level. it would make my journey to 50 way easier.
Old 12-12-2019, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacancy13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i get that, but i was hoping to try and get it so my solo ability was better. Im just trying to find an item or a stack of something that sells between 500pp-1000pp which i can start farming it once i get to that appropriate level. it would make my journey to 50 way easier.
Most farmable drops you can sell to players are not worth as much, save maybe HQ bear pelts someone has been offering 35 plat for. Spider silks have a questionable market now, but not perhaps totally dead.

I have sold DA idols recently for 500+ but that'll be about 500 an hour, if you can find a buyer every drop. That puts you about 100 hours into farming for your 50k, if you can find 100 buyers. Unlikely.

Pure cash camps are going to be higher level: FS weapons and gem drops.

I'd recommend learning bind wound and fear kiting and saving up for a high dps 2 hander, HP/AC rings and decent armor. All of it will make your life easier, and all of it is attainable on Blue. Also silver chitin handwraps for haste if you can find them.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most farmable drops you can sell to players are not worth as much, save maybe HQ bear pelts someone has been offering 35 plat for. Spider silks have a questionable market now, but not perhaps totally dead.

I have sold DA idols recently for 500+ but that'll be about 500 an hour, if you can find a buyer every drop. That puts you about 100 hours into farming for your 50k, if you can find 100 buyers. Unlikely.

Pure cash camps are going to be higher level: FS weapons and gem drops.

I'd recommend learning bind wound and fear kiting and saving up for a high dps 2 hander, HP/AC rings and decent armor. All of it will make your life easier, and all of it is attainable on Blue. Also silver chitin handwraps for haste if you can find them.
What this guy said. You don’t need a fungi. Just get decent gear for killing, practice your intimidation and combat bind wound. If you look at my sig, my monks equip was all purchased by level 40.
Old 12-14-2019, 01:57 AM
Fire Giant

As most people have mentioned it’s going to be difficult to get that much plat by 50. You will be better off leveling and getting to 60 so you can do the higher end camps with more valuable drops.

I know someone else mentioned rolling a Druid to make plat porting. I personally think rolling an enchanter as a first character is the best way to make money. At 60 you can make more money per hour than any other class with very little gear. Plus the class is amazing in both groups and solo which is great if you only have an hour or so to play and want to do some exping.

If you don’t want to do that just keep going on the SK and enjoy the ride. Gear is so cheap on Blue that you can be well equipped as you go along for pretty cheap. Obviously fungi and high end haste are very expensive but lower tier stuff isn’t. Good luck!
Old 12-16-2019, 12:13 PM
Fire Giant

since you insist on getting fungi, please allow me to lay out the rough scenarios

estimating your plat gain/hour is the best way to determine the fastest route, right?

at low lvl not worth the time at all, most likely you will burn out before u make 60k

you need to consider the time you spend trying to sell, in today's market the demand is so low only a few items are easy to sell (e.g. fungi, JBB, djarn). if you are talking about farming items to vendor (e.g. fine steal, gems), it's far slower than porting. one example, at lvl 50+ seb ng camp, it yields 200-1000p an hour (i've had 1 hour no gem drop from 6 bugs) and that's if you solo.

porting for money, wild guess here maybe 1-3000p a day if you dont want to spend too long burning out yourself

camping more valuable items - everday every min there is someone trying to make some cash, all high ROI camps are either heavily camped, or very difficult to solo, or not known to the common public because people don't want competition. you also need the level and be the right class to do them

now talk about farming fungi, the most time-consuming part for you is leveling, and finding the right people/class at the right time, and play consistently for a period of time. pug is rare, and has good chance to fail. also need to consider the number of group members, chance of winning, or split loot.

it's really your choice here, good luck on whichever route you pick
Old 12-16-2019, 12:55 PM
Fire Giant

if you get to lvl 44, you can port pretty much everywhere. On my lvl 50 druid the best i can could with fungi/regen/manastone was about 1.5k an hour. This was also back when 1800 pop on the weekend was normal and dial-a-port had people on all the time.

Fungi camp if done with 3 people and all cash split gets about 3k an hour iirc, that was when fungis went for like 44k.

All in all, i say, just lvl, sell things to vendors. IMO get to around lvl 19, go to solA, use sneak or spells to sell to the goblin or the gnome all the fine steel and blocks you can, then go to high keep and farm guards and sell their FS weps to the erudite merchant. Off each guard you can get 5-10pp just off the weps alone. A great spot to get you past the awkward 40-50 lvl is in WFP, selling their FS weps to the woodelf merchant near the gallows.

All of these work great and will get you all the cash you need to lvl. As far as a getting yourself a fungi tunic, you'd prob be able to camp one and other things and join a raiding guild to get real loot by the time you did the EC grind in items to get a fungi.

MAAAAyyybbe if this was 2016/17/18 you find the economy going quick enough on blue, but it just ain't the case these days. Maybe you can guilt one of the rick teal/green people into giving you one if they quit blue tho!
Closed Thread