Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falisaty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haynar: Pets doing damage to an NPC will now cause faction hits.

since when is this classic?
yeah really, when has this been classic?!
[78 Monk] Kobrakai (Iksar) <The Chosen Few> (EZ Server)
- See you soon, Space Cowboy.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does this have anything to do with why i got attacked when stealthed and hidden as a rogue, conning a goblin which said indifferent only to be attacked by that same goblin 10 seconds later when i got within agro range?
Pretty certain you're just accidentally doing an action to break hide and the client doesn't get updated... like right clicking corpses.

This used to happen to me until I adjusted the way I move about while hide/sneaking. Hasn't happened to me since... 6+ months ago?
Old 09-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falisaty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haynar: Pets doing damage to an NPC will now cause faction hits.

since when is this classic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostprophets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah really, when has this been classic?!
Always? I remember 2 different scenarios with my magician.

1. Chardok faction. I could afk in a room w/ 3 goblins, and when I came back, I had faction for every goblin killed by my pet.

2. Revamped VP faction. AFK in mistmoore, and when I would come back, I had faction for all the npcs killed by my pet.

Also, it prevents killing npcs with impunity. Example: if you farm guards of a city with only your pet, you should get faction hits for them.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty certain you're just accidentally doing an action to break hide and the client doesn't get updated... like right clicking corpses.

This used to happen to me until I adjusted the way I move about while hide/sneaking. Hasn't happened to me since... 6+ months ago?
It happened to me a few days ago and a few times since. It still happens.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1. Chardok faction. I could afk in a room w/ 3 goblins, and when I came back, I had faction for every goblin killed by my pet.

2. Revamped VP faction. AFK in mistmoore, and when I would come back, I had faction for all the npcs killed by my pet.

Also, it prevents killing npcs with impunity. Example: if you farm guards of a city with only your pet, you should get faction hits for them.
Yeah I agree with this. This is kind of a situation where we would need to provide proof that it's not classic instead of the other way around, because it's kind of abusive and so if we're uncertain of it's classic-ness, we should err on the side of not allowing you to kill guards from a city forever without losing faction. Just my two cents (coppers?)

Also:

Quote:
#
# Haynar: Bard sitting mana regen has been adjusted. They were regening way more than they should have sitting. This is a classic adjustment.
This means Bards should regen exactly 2 mana per tick now while sitting, correct?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 09-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

nope i was on a CR and i hadn't even got to my body yet to click it. I had literally sneak/hide, right click gobbie to con which returned indiff, and walk forward.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

aye u are talking about kunark era not Classic pre kunark i remember in classic my friends mage killin guards with no faction loss

im still lookin for patch notes ref them patching pet faction
Falisaty Shagswell mage of 10 winters
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that, with it, thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." Armaments 2:9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
my dick would look huge in her hand
Old 09-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It happened to me a few days ago and a few times since. It still happens.
You'll have to re-read what I typed. I didn't say anything about it being fixed long ago, I stated that it is a user error, not a game mechanics error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nope i was on a CR and i hadn't even got to my body yet to click it. I had literally sneak/hide, right click gobbie to con which returned indiff, and walk forward.
There are plenty of other reasons why right clicking may have dropped your hide- Yes it should tell you, but it doesn't.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Banned

Paineel guards dont give faction hits though, right? Since they're undead and all...Plus, the faction hit wasnt added to them til at least velious era, right? =D
Old 09-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Fire Giant

Question. At what date are up "up to" on the Classic eq time table. I have found patch notes from when Sky opened and such. Some things haven't been changed as far as I can tell, nor have seen in any of the patches we have had.

(edit) here is the link where I'm checking out the different patches.

http://web.archive.org/web/200010170..._archives.html
Last edited by Rais; 09-16-2010 at 07:22 PM..
Closed Thread