I would play this! 14 42.42%
Cringefest. 7 21.21%
Kill yourself. 12 36.36%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 10:38 AM
Banned

Cool New PvP Server Brainstorm Thread

Hey guys, thinking about making a new custom pvp server with my boy g-rad. Let me know if this sounds kind of fun to you or if it's a cringefest and the thread needs to be closed.

This what I'm thinking right now:

-Iksar Only
-Kunark Only
-Light Roleplaying
-Choose 1 of the ancient Iksar tribes (Kylong, Nathsar, Obulus, Kunzar, Jarsath)
-Iksar can be all classes, but classes are bound to which tribe you choose.
-Some classes are different
-All enchanter spells besides nukes merged into cleric class, to make cleric more interesting/fun/powerful.
-Beastlords
-Berserkers
-Mage pets are iksar golems
-Necro pets are iksar skeletons
-Tribes are like guilds, get pvp points/items for killing members of other tribes.
-Tribes are not teams.
-Completely open pvp
-Full loot (but friendlies can lock down corpses quickly and loot as well to salvage the gear of a fallen friend)
-Focus on group content (no raids)
-Ldon instances placed in kunark (maybe?)
-Shissars
-Quests from Cazic Thule
-5 village cities in weird places in kunark for each tribe instead of cab
-new better items/content for stuff brad didn't finish like dalnir, nurga, kaesora, and other places nobody ever goes

Let me know if this sounds cool or is a cringe, thanks.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

cool if u can balance it
Old 12-01-2016, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Need option for wasted to much time now need to focus on career
Old 12-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Banned

-Cut out the berserkers and beastlords.

-Don't combine cleric/enchanter, they could essentially solo any content your server would have if it is focused on group. Those classes are already fun for a lot of people and would still be core classes needed on your server if it is focused on group.

-Try to limit teams to 3.

-Keep gear maxed out at Kunark era. Fill in gear that is missing from classic zones like lguk and solb and put them in Kunark dungeons.

-Have portals to fear/hate/sky still available but allow content to be done with around 12 people if you can...

-Don't have Ldon.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-Cut out the berserkers and beastlords.

-Don't combine cleric/enchanter, they could essentially solo any content your server would have if it is focused on group. Those classes are already fun for a lot of people and would still be core classes needed on your server if it is focused on group.

-Try to limit teams to 3.

-Keep gear maxed out at Kunark era. Fill in gear that is missing from classic zones like lguk and solb and put them in Kunark dungeons.

-Have portals to fear/hate/sky still available but allow content to be done with around 12 people if you can...

-Don't have Ldon.
Thinking more about pvp with the cleric/chanter combined class honestly, definitely an overpowered for pve. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like clerics/enchanters were not big enough factors in pvp on their own (especially cleric). Enchanters got kills but very situational and tend to die a lot. I also find clerics boring to play in pve, enchanters are fun to play pve, so why not combine them. Could possibly nerf some things.

There aren't teams, pvp is open, anybody can attack anybody and loot everything they have. People of opposing tribes can fight each other, or work together. However they will be rewarded by their own tribe for killing those in other tribes. Basically Iksars want Iksars to win in general, but they also want their tribe to become top dog. The thing I love most about red is the politics and interesting alliances and treachery that occurs. You don't get this nearly as much with simple teams (like wow). Maybe this guild/tribes thing won't work, and the tribes won't mean much besides faction, quests, and classes and stuff.

Moving gear from classic into kunark would be good and would save time/balancing, will probably do that. (Manastone coming to Dalnir).

Don't want raids, just 6 man stuff. Roll with a tight squad, pvp, and get pixels.

K.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

cleric just needs bash and warrior hit caps to be really strong, any more chanter stuff than they already have would make them retarded op
double attack might even be too much.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:47 AM
Banned

You may be right about berserkers, they kind of suck and don't make a lot of sense without aas anyway. But we might make aas.

Beastlords I think would be cool, especially if each tribe got a different pet graphic. Might rebalance fast beastlord nukes with rest of classic classes though.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cleric just needs bash and warrior hit caps to be really strong, any more chanter stuff than they already have would make them retarded op
double attack might even be too much.
That's a paladin.

What if it's just 100% support. Remove nukes from the new class. Maybe nerf charms a little. I think it would be really fun.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

AA's area great because it gives level 60's something they can work on whenever they want.

It encourages people to play together and hold camps and zones even at max level.
If we had AA's on red, someone might actually care who seb is "off limits" to.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestovv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a paladin.

What if it's just 100% support. Remove nukes from the new class. Maybe nerf charms a little. I think it would be really fun.
What I'm saying is... I want to be able to cast cheal on my paladin as well as click it 6 times per fight.