Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Sarnak

Smile New to the server! Hi! :D

Dunno where else to post this, just thought I'd write something since the servers are down, and I've realized how addicted I have become to this game again!

I'm brand new to the server, I think I started at the beginning of this week, and I'm already level 11 on my Iksar monk named Taiku, got my blacksmithing and brewing up to a suitable level to raise my tailoring higher, since tailoring is my focus right now. I thought I would just dip my toes into the game and just run around to see stuff I missed from back when I use to play, fully expecting to be bored with it a few hours later, but I've already found people to add to my friends list and group with, and I'm remembering how addicting this game is!

I started playing EQ 1 back when Kunark had been released for a while, use to play it over at my friends house all the time, on his character, just running around and seeing the world, it was an amazing experience. So I got the game soon after and I was totally hooked for years, up until Luclin came out, and I felt the world get a lot smaller now that you could easily teleport from town to town instead of making some very long journey.

I never hit max level, I played for years and years, and never caught the level cap, I was enamored with grinding factions, and getting quests done, and neat loot, I would call myself a noob in the game just because I was mostly ignorant about the game, even though I played so much, which I think added to the feeling of how epic the game was, I was always suprised by something new!

Anyway I think I'll be completely addicted to this game again for a while, can't wait to get higher level and do some more fun stuff, and kill some cool monsters I never got to see when I played originally. Hope to see you guys in game!

Just wanted to end by saying thank you so much to the devs of project 1999, it's amazing to experience all of this again!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Hey!

Same here, new to server for about a week, servers are down so I'm posting for the first time. I began playing when Luclin launched and quit sometime during LDoN. I'm incredibly excited to be back - I have already reached 11 on my new enchanter and am having a blast. There are a lot of great people on this server and it's really pretty amazing how the community seems to be so alive. Kudos to the mods/admins/people behind the curtain. Truly a great game and a great opportunity to experience it again.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Aviak

Nice to see new people joining every day... welcome aboard

Not to worry, server being down on a friday night is not standard, in fact the server is rarely even down for maintenance, its just one of those kind of days... Friday the 13th and all that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hope you have a great time here, ask around for help when you need it, people are pretty nice all around as long as you're polite to them, they'll be polite right back... heck there are people that even just run around handing out gear to newbies all the time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Pennand_________
The Mystical Order
Old 07-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Kobold

Welcome to the server. I am glad to see it still growing.

If you liked classic then you will for sure enjoy this. Like Aenarie said, there are plenty of nice people on this server but with only one server and a peak hour population around 500 then people get to know each other fast and word spreads. So be nice to others and the favor will be returned =).
Old 07-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dunno where else to post this, just thought I'd write something since the servers are down, and I've realized how addicted I have become to this game again!

I'm brand new to the server, I think I started at the beginning of this week, and I'm already level 11 on my Iksar monk named Taiku, got my blacksmithing and brewing up to a suitable level to raise my tailoring higher, since tailoring is my focus right now. I thought I would just dip my toes into the game and just run around to see stuff I missed from back when I use to play, fully expecting to be bored with it a few hours later, but I've already found people to add to my friends list and group with, and I'm remembering how addicting this game is!

I started playing EQ 1 back when Kunark had been released for a while, use to play it over at my friends house all the time, on his character, just running around and seeing the world, it was an amazing experience. So I got the game soon after and I was totally hooked for years, up until Luclin came out, and I felt the world get a lot smaller now that you could easily teleport from town to town instead of making some very long journey.

I never hit max level, I played for years and years, and never caught the level cap, I was enamored with grinding factions, and getting quests done, and neat loot, I would call myself a noob in the game just because I was mostly ignorant about the game, even though I played so much, which I think added to the feeling of how epic the game was, I was always suprised by something new!

Anyway I think I'll be completely addicted to this game again for a while, can't wait to get higher level and do some more fun stuff, and kill some cool monsters I never got to see when I played originally. Hope to see you guys in game!

Just wanted to end by saying thank you so much to the devs of project 1999, it's amazing to experience all of this again!

I just want to say this is what P99 should be all about right here

so from me to you bro Welcome and hope u enjoy yourself when i get in game ill hook ya up with some coin
Old 07-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Sarnak

Welcome!

We have some great resources like the wiki which will help you get back into the groove in no time. I've learned so much from other players here on the forums. The search forum function will be your best friend.

There's nothing like classic EQ... looks like you found the right place.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for everyone's kind words! Yeah I've been all over the wiki haha, researching gear, and trying to make a plan for what zones or quest I want to tackle with my friend, I'm duoing with a shaman, we're both really new to the p99 servers, but I think a shaman/monk combo later on will be really good, or at least he can be my ticket into groups who otherwise didn't need another dps? I dunno ^^ from what I have read healers and CC are in higher demand than anything else. And I've been sitting here refreshing the server list like crazy since I got home from work haha, I can't wait to get more EQ ^^ Gotta farm more spider silks for tailoring!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:50 PM
Kobold

FoB till 13 or 14 then kurns till lower 20s hit up lake of ill omen till 30 overthere till 40 dreadlands till 50 and then good luck on 50 - 60
Old 07-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Sarnak

I just hit 11 this morning before the servers went down, finding it hard to find a somewhat safe area to grind in, the pit I keep pulling easier prey, it gets low and runs, into more guys, and then I have to run and waste a lot of time, I guess I'm just not use to the Everquest way of leveling anymore! WoW spoiled me, I certainly enjoy this more though, feels like an accomplishment to get any progress on the EXP bar
Old 07-13-2012, 11:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You sure you aren't thinking of PoP?
Closed Thread