Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Kobold

Default Dogs

I want a black lab.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My neighbor has a 1 yr old black lab and he is the happiest, silliest, most eager to please dog I have ever known. He comes running up to me when he sees me wagging his entire body and beating everything around him with his tail (my wife came outside the other day wondering if someone was beating her car with a baseball bat) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

What's your favorite dog?
Old 10-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Kobold

I have 2 shih tzus and they are great. They love being home alone to sleep (or play with each other) and when you are home all they do is sit on your lap / next to you and hang out.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by korrowan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have 2 shih tzus and they are great. They love being home alone to sleep (or play with each other) and when you are home all they do is sit on your lap / next to you and hang out.
the shitzus that i have seen are all SUPER dirty, whenever they drink/eat it gets caught in their hair, they eat their own crap, skid their ass on the floor(just to wipe off), they bark CONSTANTLY, and whenever they're outside they are so close to the ground that their hair picks up EVERY damn thing outside.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the shitzus that i have seen are all SUPER dirty, whenever they drink/eat it gets caught in their hair, they eat their own crap, skid their ass on the floor(just to wipe off), they bark CONSTANTLY, and whenever they're outside they are so close to the ground that their hair picks up EVERY damn thing outside.
If you do not groom your dog then sure that will occur. Mine bark rarely and do not skid their ass (whatever that means). Small dogs will pick up debris and that is why you bathe them.... lol.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Kobold

I think this is what he's referring to. Dogs scoot their asses across the floor probably when they have an itchy hole. That's my best guess. No telling though...animals spread their scent in weird ways.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Banned

I'm fairly sure the "skidding" practice is not limited to shih tzus. To try to generalize all shih tzus as filthy based on your own limited interactions of them is just retarded. The two shih tzus my gf owns are the best dogs ever. And no, I don't think all shih tzus are baller because of that, just like it's equally childish to imply all shih tzus are filthy because of the ones you have experience with.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Kobold

Dogs usually do the scoot thing when they have impacted anal glands that need to be "expressed", which means emptied out. You can either take them to the vet, or do it yourself. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Fire Giant

I'm all for mutts ... high-maintenance, neurotic, disease-prone purebreds give me the willies. =)

Anything + Lab = instant love.

Rottie + Lab = the BEST dog I've ever known; super sweet disposition with enough grrrrrrr to keep strangers at bay. She'd bob for rocks that you threw into the river until she passed out dead tired. =P And you could put a treat in her mouth and take it back out without her ever getting riled (although she'd give you the "look".) She loved everyone I did, was perfectly happy with kids body-surfing on her across the kitchen floor and could not be cured from climbing into and then hogging the bed in the middle of the night.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Z

P.S. Those little abandoned puppies you see (left in a box in the parking lot at the local coffee stand's drive-through) turn out to be the best dang things you ever could imagine!

omg haha Not my dog, but may as well have been ....
Last edited by Zereh; 10-04-2010 at 07:59 PM..
Old 10-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by purist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm fairly sure the "skidding" practice is not limited to shih tzus. To try to generalize all shih tzus as filthy based on your own limited interactions of them is just retarded. The two shih tzus my gf owns are the best dogs ever. And no, I don't think all shih tzus are baller because of that, just like it's equally childish to imply all shih tzus are filthy because of the ones you have experience with.
My limited interactions? a family member of mine has 3 shitzus, i volunteer at a the local pound that has many shitzus, and I live on crapital hill where every gay guy has a shitzu. C'mon now man!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Sarnak

labs ftw

this little shit ate 15 pounds of dogfood today he shouldn't of had..
black labs are the biggest pigs.

this is when i got booboo bear