Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 01:52 AM
Planar Protector

Default Your thoughts on lumber

How long before the price drops? Will it drop? Will it drop harder than the towers?
Old 04-02-2021, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

Gotta tell ya, this is one thing I have not thought about one bit, but I'm here for it

Tell me bout lumber homie
Old 04-02-2021, 04:56 AM
Planar Protector

my own prediction is lumber will continue to rise for a short while, then plateau and fall back down.
People need/want homes and the housing market is driving the price up right now.

It's almost the highest it's ever been, it's very crazy.

Another one worth talking about is oil, invest in oil right now and you can easily double your money over the next 3 years.

And it goes without saying,. every single year heating oil turns a profit in the winter, if invested into during the summer.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 04-02-2021 at 05:00 AM..
Old 04-02-2021, 05:28 AM
Planar Protector

“It’s going down, I’m gathering timber!”
Old 04-02-2021, 06:34 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long before the price drops? Will it drop? Will it drop harder than the towers?
Lumber? How bout steel??? I can't even build a home gym right now, can't find a complete set of weights from any manufacturer. It's kind of crazy. Got assholes on facebook trying to sell trashy mismatched incomplete sets at $2/lb. If anyone knows a site that sells full sets of cast-iron or steel olympic plates(45/35/25/10/5/2.5) and are in stock let me know!
Old 04-02-2021, 10:04 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-02-2021, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Haha Im sure shortages in lumber steel isnt a sign of anything to come, this is just regular market ups and downs, there's a busy market out there with all the shutins and pandemic so surely this run on wood/steel isnt a sign. People are buying homes because they're all working so much right now lol

lol I could be wrong but I swear to god I think we're doomed lol
Old 04-02-2021, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Boomers who had to stay home all winter are getting up off their wallets and updating their homes.

Windows and doors up 50% in Canada YOY (well, vs 2019 anyways).

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 04-02-2021, 11:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha Im sure shortages in lumber steel isnt a sign of anything to come, this is just regular market ups and downs, there's a busy market out there with all the shutins and pandemic so surely this run on wood/steel isnt a sign. People are buying homes because they're all working so much right now lol

lol I could be wrong but I swear to god I think we're doomed lol
The big issue causing supply shortages of EVERYTHING is our response to covid. Manufacturers of whatever supply had their inventory levels depleted with lockdowns. Now Covid social distancing and shutdowns whenever there is a positive test on site is killing their ability to catch up.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The big issue causing supply shortages of EVERYTHING is our response to covid. Manufacturers of whatever supply had their inventory levels depleted with lockdowns. Now Covid social distancing and shutdowns whenever there is a positive test on site is killing their ability to catch up.
Working in supply chain management, I can tell you quite certainly, that anyone moving expirable product saw considerable losses due to inventory aging past the expiration date, while movement of said inventory was reduced by as much as 90 to 100% throughout the past year under all of these lockdown restrictions.

As such, with things slowly reopening amidst the propaganda of "second waves" no one is willing to undertake the risk of bringing their inventory operations back up to pre-covid levels. The risks are too high with incompetent government handling,constant fear-mongering, and political grandstanding continueing throughout this whole fiasco with an implicit threat to put us back under lockdown restrictions.
Last edited by Gwaihir; 04-02-2021 at 01:16 PM..
Closed Thread