Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the list legitimately only 2 people long on some server right now?
My experience was like that last Sunday night on teal. This whole issue/thread seems to be rooted in the camp being kinda empty

Nice problem to have tbh, sad it is being blown way out of hand. Hope the staff ignores it
Old 11-14-2019, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This has been a continuing theme I keep responding to. We fundamentally disagree on what the absence of charity is. You are saying if you don't so something nice for someone you are an Ahole. I believe charity is should be met with gratitude and lack of charity shouldn't be met with hostility.

Another example: someone comes up to me and asks me for a SoW. You think I am an Ahole if I don't SoW him. I disagree. I believe we have an entitlement problem in this community.
its not entitlement. he's not under leveled. he is in the range that is acceptable for a group to be at that mob. the list ensures there are people there that can group... or you can do what you did and choose to be a dickhead and not contribute to the group.

but if you want to behave that way that is all good. just don't be shocked when people call you out on your shitty behavior.

its more of a dickhead problem than an entitlement problem.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This has been a continuing theme I keep responding to. We fundamentally disagree on what the absence of charity is. You are saying if you don't so something nice for someone you are an Ahole. I believe charity is should be met with gratitude and lack of charity shouldn't be met with hostility.

Another example: someone comes up to me and asks me for a SoW. You think I am an Ahole if I don't SoW him. I disagree. I believe we have an entitlement problem in this community.
Again why is it so hard to understand. Its not the fact that you didnt help him. Its the fact that you stayed there and tried to bully your way to the #1 list spot. If you did not want to help then you should of left. If you were going to stay, then yes you should help. Its common sense. Everyone gets a drop quicker. That's how /list works. The only motivation to stay there and not help the #1 person would be your hoping to take his #1 spot. What other reason did you have for staying and not helping?
Last edited by Veeshan31; 11-14-2019 at 02:59 PM..
Old 11-14-2019, 02:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At some level, my hope for the /list system was that it would force groups to form with pick-up members. e.g. that for these camps, at all times, all the people on the /list there are grouped, and helping each other, and as people get the item, they leave the group, so the next /list'ed can join.
ya this is what i excepted too. i dont understand the want to be so competitive in this game. you are not even competing for anything really, you are just being rude and mean to each other. that type of behavior will not lead to a happy life, whether your get your mana stone crack rock or not.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

eq out here trying to help us all find the way to lasting happiness in our lives
Old 11-14-2019, 03:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veeshan31 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grakken you are so far gone and instead of just admitting you were wrong and being a dick, your continuing to argue you were right. It just makes you look worse. Almost as bad as Masterize.
I was about to answer then I realized that you just have no clue what you're reading and obviously calling people is your way to go.
I feel sorry for you.

Oh and lol for : Veeshan31

Not sure if you're new and lost-fan-of-dramas or old with a spoiled forum account that forced you to get rid of your past.

Both cases sucks really.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can argue this either way. The person at #1 cant kill mob. So should they lose their spot? Or are those that wont help, causing a zone disruption?

I would expect some tweaks are made to the /list functionality. The whole /list idea, is meant to not require staff to babysit these specific rare item spawns. And getting the rare item will still require putting in the time.

There is no /claim. Here is your new manastone. Grats me!

The intent is to make these camps manageable, and prevent from becoming non-stop shitshows.
Huh. Kind of funny how at least two of us brought this exact situation up to Rogean on the /list announcement page and he basically laughed at it saying its something that wouldn’t come up.

Whelp here we are friends
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:06 PM
Banned

Consider Blue today!
Old 11-14-2019, 03:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemace [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its not entitlement. he's not under leveled. he is in the range that is acceptable for a group to be at that mob. the list ensures there are people there that can group... or you can do what you did and choose to be a dickhead and not contribute to the group.

but if you want to behave that way that is all good. just don't be shocked when people call you out on your shitty behavior.

its more of a dickhead problem than an entitlement problem.
The group? You mean me and one other person? Had I just decided to log off, he would still be in the spot of having the PH up for 3 hours? At no point during any PH killing did I not participate.

I agree he is not under leveled based off of the rules. I never accused him of being entitled. The backlash of people attacking me (which was never slot 1) saying I have an obligation to kill the mob for him. That is entitlement.

All the list does is give anyone willing to wait a bite at the apple. Read my OP, I posted the specific problem and a remedy. The remedy was not (remove this guy from the list). The remedy was, "we need to tweak the list system". Forward thinking.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why you need pvp
Red's right there. With its glorious population of 16. Feel free to make it 17.
Closed Thread