Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 06:41 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stupid self-serving bullshit
No one cares what you have to say.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Mikeo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one cares what you have to say.
nice contribution smooth brain
Old 11-18-2019, 07:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uh, from that same post:
Dolalin, you killed mages. It is your duty to kill enchanters too
Old 11-18-2019, 07:46 PM
Orc

Yet I rarely see enchanters soloing deep into in dungeons. Why? Because it takes skill and is dangerous. QQ more noob.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:48 PM
Kobold

Yet.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is true in PoP, an era people agree charm got better because of AA and better charm spells. Except charm wasn't used in every raid or group. Despite being able to charm mobs in fire that don't summon and quad for nearly 800, people didn't charm on raids and most table groups were kite groups. Why is that?
Charm was considered good in pop because of the absurd ability to grind exp/aas. Pet kills gave 100% exp if you did 1pt of damage. Further to this they had absurd group exp bonus but if you moved out of range of the other enchs of your group you could get solo exp with the group bonus still applying. There were literally groups of 6 enchs in a single zone all spread out soloing with charm. This was not common but definitely happened which lead to charm pet exp nerfs and group bonus getting fixed in the same patch.

As well as enchs soloing literally every non raid mob for those sweet sweet ornate drops lel
Last edited by nicemace; 11-18-2019 at 07:57 PM..
Old 11-18-2019, 08:13 PM
Kobold

That's all true but the point is that most raids and groups didn't use charm. I only ever saw charm used on rydda dar and RZTWL. From that it's clear that by that point everyone knew how powerful it was but didn't use it on every raid. Even though if you wanted to min/max you could farm most EP minis with two groups with a few enchanters.

I never saw a traditional group at tables with a tank and charm pet. Ever. It was always kite groups and enchanters could charm some crazy dps spiders.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:36 PM
Fire Giant

For what is worth

Equemulator code for charm.

CHARM
SE_Charm (22)
Charm when is cast initially a resist check is made which is effected by a charisma modifier.
Charm if successful has an innate chance to break every buff tick. (Unless flagged in unbreakable in spell table 'powerful_flag')
There is an approximately 25% chance to trigger a resist check each tick to determine if charm will fade.
Resist check for charm to fade is NOT effected by Charisma or Base1 value (unknown what that does).
There is a lower bounds of approximately 3% chance per tick of charm breaking no matter what. (If you have 0% chance to resist the spell due to Tash/Green con)
If resist check fails...
If player has a bonus from SE_CharmBreakChance (243) 'Total Domination AA' you have another chance for charm not to break based on the value,
Example: Total Domination Rank 3 is 50% chance for charm not to break if resist check fails.
Otherwise, charm will fade

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 11-18-2019, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

Omg. Your sig is the nilbog quote I was just looking for for a different thread! I woulda found it too except I searched for nilbog's posts containing "classic" and "players" not "classic" and "people."
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-18-2019 at 08:44 PM..
Old 11-18-2019, 08:58 PM
Fire Giant

Lol

I found that quote a few years back and have used it ever since. Glad you can use it 8)

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Closed Thread