Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 09:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Making Plat in Kunark under Lv20

hi guys!
I'm broke.
Lv 16 Necro, Can't even buy all my spells...
I've seen a few "how to make plat in EQ" guides, but they're basically all about "go to the Sisters in LFay, sell Bonechips and Spiderling Silks..."
Problem is: Nobody fking buys bonechips or Spider-silk in Cabilis Area, and everybody says "stay in Kunark until 20, much safer, and you have no merchants..."

So the "best" plat I've seen so far here is in Kurn's Tower, but even that hardly ever drops. Basically the Leather Armor that sells for 1-4 plat. I get 4 pieces in 2 hours if I am lucky in looting.

Can somebody please recommend where I can grind under 20 in Kunark and at least make enough money to buy my own frikkin spells? Would be appreciated.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

higher amounts of gold/plat drop as you level up, you don't need ALL of your spells just grab the essentials (pet, dots, fear, fd).

I think by lv24ish the mobs I was killing on my iksar sham were dropping 1-2pp each. prior to that its slim pickings in Kunark, compared to a place like Qeynos where I could make almost 1k leveling a toon up to 20ish.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

thanks.
guess I have to live by water from the pond and hard bread a few more levels.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:31 PM
Fire Giant

once you can kill the giants in WW you'll be fine. they drop stuff occasionally that can vendor for 10-60pp and also the chance of a forest loop which sells to players nicely
Old 05-27-2015, 09:43 PM
Banned

WTB Mammoth Meat 10pp each

WTB Halfling Parts 75pp each!

Full WTB List!
Old 05-27-2015, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

just vendor the forest loop an save the trip to EC
Old 05-28-2015, 02:56 AM
Kobold

If you're going to hate life being poor, go take a side trip to EC and hang around for a bit. You're unwelcome but it's not that hard to manage. If you can grind through it, fine, but don't be miserable.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

Basement of Kurns Tower you'll still get xp. Focus on the Skeletal Jester spawn point. Him and his ph, thick boned skeleton, drop fine steel weapons.

Just be warned, killing the thick boned skeleton will trash your burynai faction.

A penny saved is a penny earned. Don't waste plat on spells that get replaced quickly or you are unlikely to need.

edit:

Keep an eye open for high level necromancers in cabalis and send them direct tells asking if they would like to buy bonechips. Telemarketer style!.
Last edited by Jimjam; 05-28-2015 at 03:32 AM..
Old 05-28-2015, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

FoB is one of the better starting zones in the game. But it sucks for loot. But there is not much loot anywhere like has been said at low levels. You have to be 20 or better to get anything worth writing home to Mother about. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Some classes are very gear dependent and some not. Tanks take a lot, Casters take very little other than an Enchanter Charisma wise. But spells cost do add up. But you do not have to buy all of them when you are poor. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Going to EC is really not a bad idea. Getting there, well that is a different story. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-28-2015, 10:43 AM
Aviak

As an Iksar Necromancer, a decent way to make money for your level 8 spells (and to fill out your level 4 spells) and a little xp is to do the level 4 necromancer spell quest. Two brittle skulls, a large scorpion pincer, and a Sabertooth Cub Canine.

I'm sure non-necromancers can do the quest too. Hell, an SK could take advantage of this early on and get a few free spells so they don't have to worry about it for the first two spell levels.
Closed Thread