Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 07:04 PM
Kobold

Default Pantheon isn't the savior I don't think

So maybe someone can convince me otherwise, but from the streams I haven't seen anything that's similar to EQ 1 besides a few small things. The combat works nothing alike. I watched the stream where they showed off the blood night class or whatever, AKA shadowknight from WOTLK or Bezerker from eq1. The skills felt so clicky like wow. The main thing though is the lore. They haven't talked about this at all. The reason why classic EQ was so good is because the classes were so different. You would be like cool its a ranger, he could do help us do this specifically, and your like hell yah im a ranger. Nowadays it's grab a tank CHECK, get some deeps CHECK, we need A healer CHECK. What about certain races only being able to wear certain items based on the size of the item. How does this game have the layout in front of it, and have not learned anything from the past. Furthermore they have destroyed what has been given to them by neglecting the complexities of the lore and integrating miscellaneous skills from EQ 1. Then they are making people think that it's a reflection on its original creation.

Not only do I have little faith in Pantheon, but I take offense to it.

Also, isn't the lead guy Brain McQuad or whatever inherently a failure by now. I mean he's dropped the ball on like the last 3 projects he was commanding. So he's like 1-3 or something really, on a 3 loss streak? Where does he get savior status from, I'm failing to see that.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

While I do agree with you on the skepticism about it being our savior, I do think the game is very much like everquest in spirit. Id maybe watch some more videos? I wish i could recall the specific ones, but the general group exping feels very much the same as older mmos like eq1 and daoc imho.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 01-26-2019, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Doesn't matter, not coming out.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't matter, not coming out.
They had some "Mystery Funder" that already payed for the whole games development.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I do agree with you on the skepticism about it being our savior, I do think the game is very much like everquest in spirit. Id maybe watch some more videos? I wish i could recall the specific ones, but the general group exping feels very much the same as older mmos like eq1 and daoc imho.
How so? Cuz stuff takes a long time to die. If you gave wow mobs like 5-10x more hps then it would be the same to you?
Old 01-26-2019, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppedandglued [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They had some "Mystery Funder" that already payed for the whole games development.
Counting eggs before they hatched.

Development costs are only crystallised once development is complete (I.e never). When you have a bottomless bucket of funds this is especially true.

Anyone remember the first warhammer MMO that never came out (the one that got axed way before AoR was ever announced)? The developers just kept taking Games Workshops money, released statements and superficial details but nothing of value; if they released the game the magic money tree would dry up. Eventually GW cottoned on and pulled the plug.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Counting eggs before they hatched.

Development costs are only crystallised once development is complete (I.e never). When you have a bottomless bucket of funds this is especially true.

Anyone remember the first warhammer MMO that never came out (the one that got axed way before AoR was ever announced)? The developers just kept taking Games Workshops money, released statements and superficial details but nothing of value; if they released the game the magic money tree would dry up. Eventually GW cottoned on and pulled the plug.
Well they said they're all paid up to release the game. Why would they say that? Wouldn't it inhibit their ability to get donations?
Old 01-26-2019, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

In b4 mad posts by various losers who already paid money to pantheon
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:14 AM
Planar Protector

What else is there? You'll play, I'll play. It'll be better than Fallout 76 or any of the other MMO filth that's been attempted lately.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What else is there? You'll play, I'll play. It'll be better than Fallout 76 or any of the other MMO filth that's been attempted lately.
I was just making the point that everybody is thinking they'll get it right because they have the blueprint. However they are just coping some small pieces of the game, and haven't a fraction of the depth.

I hope eventually it doesn't end up like EQ2 with it's constant scaling up of damage. What the hell is so hard about no putting in weapons with 2189-5412 damage, hitting for millions. Seriously how does anybody enjoy seeing those types of numbers roll. It's too much.
Closed Thread