Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 02:37 PM
Banned

Default Non-Raider Advice

I'm wondering if anyone can help shine some light on what people do on p99 who don't raid. I've raided with the big dogs here and for numerous reasons I won't be doing that and have little desire to do that. I'm trying to figure out which class is best for a non-raider to extract the most enjoyment out of this era of EQ. Right now I'm leaning toward a Necro due to the solo gameplay and the benefits of FD.
  • What Class is best for a non-raider?
  • What are some fun things to do as a non-raider?
Old 10-23-2019, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm wondering if anyone can help shine some light on what people do on p99 who don't raid. I've raided with the big dogs here and for numerous reasons I won't be doing that and have little desire to do that. I'm trying to figure out which class is best for a non-raider to extract the most enjoyment out of this era of EQ. Right now I'm leaning toward a Necro due to the solo gameplay and the benefits of FD.
  • What Class is best for a non-raider?
  • What are some fun things to do as a non-raider?
All classes are best for a non-raider.
Play the game. Help other players. Group with good peeps.

I have been playing this game since 1999 and I never raided. It doesn't interest me at all. I am a different type of player though, as I don't even care if I log on and just talk to others on the server. That is good enough for me.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All classes are best for a non-raider.
Play the game. Help other players. Group with good peeps.

I have been playing this game since 1999 and I never raided. It doesn't interest me at all. I am a different type of player though, as I don't even care if I log on and just talk to others on the server. That is good enough for me.
Can you try and provide some insights into what class you would suggest as being the most enjoyable as a non-raider? You sound uniquely qualified to answer this question.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

#1 is probably level alts. Definitely there are people who just farm and stockpile plat. Some people just hang around and do random stuff with friends/guildies. Some might just randomly run around and buff/PL lowbies, etc.

And then the biggest thing non-raiders end up doing, is leaving. They have that in common with the raiders BTW.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you try and provide some insights into what class you would suggest as being the most enjoyable as a non-raider? You sound uniquely qualified to answer this question.
Druid would probably be the first choice. You get to run around and buff people and port all around. In fact, I remember just spending friday and saturday nights porting myself around and seeing if anyone else needed ports.

I know, pathetic right? I have no life!

Next I would say Bard. You can pretty much go anywhere with your invis songs and speed run songs.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

It depends what your goals are. If you want to just farm gear for leveling alts the best classes for this are probably enc/shaman/necro/druid. With enchanter and shaman also being very good in groups as well.

Having some character that you can do solo stuff on is nice to have because if you play off-peak hours you don't want to be completely dependent on finding/putting together random groups.

What I've enjoyed most outside of raiding is just doing stuff with a small group of friends or finding new things I never experienced before on live or p99. For that it doesn't really matter what your class is, and is more about having friends that you enjoy doing stuff with.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:50 PM
Banned

Bard isn't a terrible choice, I have a 60 Bard on Blue and grouping as a bard is some of the most fun in this era. Druid isn't a bad call with all the options to engage with the community.

The raid scene here is just so toxic, any reason to believe green will differ from blue as far as toxicity?
Old 10-23-2019, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The raid scene here is just so toxic, any reason to believe green will differ from blue as far as toxicity?
Not a chance.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a chance.
I didn't think so.

As a solo player with no one else playing p99 I guess my first job is to find some casual folks and get in their guild. Any guilds forming already?
Old 10-23-2019, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

This applies to blue, but Kittens is a great casual guild for playing at any level or doing some raiding with.
Closed Thread