Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibelia1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's no worse than the rest of the US.
Oh no it's so much worse. It's the suicide capital of the US.

“The ecological explanation is that there is something about Las Vegas that is suicidogenic,” said the report, which was published in the journal Social Science & Medicine.

https://freakonomics.com/media/wray%20vegas.pdf

Say that with me: "Suicidogenic".
Old 03-19-2020, 07:06 PM
Banned

According to Emile Durkheim, the more fragmented, and individualistic a society is, the higher its propensity for suicide is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_(Durkheim_book) (BTW for those of you who are too stupid to read, He's considered the actual expert on the subject by sociologists; you know; your "Science" gods)

Las Vegas is the height of Human Ego; New Babylon, if you will.

Ego is the deceptive element of the psyche that tells us were are separate from each other (and God)

I'm not surprised that there's a high suicide rate there, and this is also likely why Stephen King chose it as the congregational focal-point for the Ego-Enslaved followers of Randall Flagg in the Stand.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:58 PM
Banned

Actually, Rather than New Babylon, let's call Las Vegas:

"New Sodom and Gomorrah"

After all:

Las "Vegas" means the Plains...

and Sodom and Gomorrah translated "to cities of the plain" per their Wiki Entry.

Makes you wonder what kind of treatment is in store for it in the Western Hemisphere's Reverse Geological aging.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

TIL I learnt "suicidogenic" is a word and not some medical hack in a book trying to sound clever.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am Wonkie, and I already told you, the cure is to stop living enslaved to your ego.

Obeast-ies are like...."wut"

I'm like "eat your vegetables"

http://impactfactor.org/PDF/IJPPR/8/...,Article19.pdf

They're like "wut"

I'm like "get in shape and start showing your body that you want to live"

They're like "wut"

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...among-21704686

I'm like....fuggit at least 2 people here are listening.

They're like: "Look guys, they say they might have a pill i can just take instead....in a year!" *Cheers*
Good wiszdom. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I don't believe that you are Wonkie, though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh no it's so much worse. It's the suicide capital of the US.

“The ecological explanation is that there is something about Las Vegas that is suicidogenic,” said the report, which was published in the journal Social Science & Medicine.

https://freakonomics.com/media/wray%20vegas.pdf

Say that with me: "Suicidogenic".
The Strip is particularly revolting. The last time I was there I tried to strangle myself over the doorknob in my suite at the Trump Hotel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (doing better now, and glad I didn't finish it)
Old 03-19-2020, 09:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibelia1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good wiszdom. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I don't believe that you are Wonkie, though
Do i need to post a dog picture to prove it!?
Old 03-20-2020, 12:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Shouldn't be too hard to find a job in Vegas with culinary credentials dear. Nice low living expenses. Entry level housing is GREAT deals, they have houses they built during the 2007 bubble they still haven't filled. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I hesitate to make any specific pronouncements on hirability without knkowing you well enough to feel that you're definitely not trolling. You need the job to survive until VA bennies come thru? Or just need a job to feel purpose?

Have you made a good effort to get your symptoms under control already? Maybe an antidepressant? Sounds like your deal is anxiety linked, at least that's how my ptsd goes. Actually it seems like anxiety is the root of all ill feeling; having known it well I can say that pain signal is kind of superficial by compare.

PM me if u need doctorly advice; ill be serving during this time of Cannoli-Virus
I was on Paxil, and it was helping, but i stopped taking it. I just now started going to the VA to get a claim for ptsd. I'm pretty sure after a few meetings with the psychiatrist they are going to declare me unhireareable. On top of explosive anger, I am also crazy, at least I hope so... or the world is crazy when it gets around me. Either way it's nonfunctional. They need to at least let me get into Voc Rehab so I can go to school for a job that I can do without worrying about people staring at me. Though im 99 percent sure im not crazy and people love to look at me. This wouldn't be a problem if it didn't make me feel like my life was in danger.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry you feel that way. Your prospects are probably pretty good chopped. Especially for voc rehab. Why do you feel like people stare at you if I may ask?
Old 03-20-2020, 12:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you feel that way. Your prospects are probably pretty good chopped. Especially for voc rehab. Why do you feel like people stare at you if I may ask?
I'm handsome.
Old 03-20-2020, 01:01 PM
Banned

its a good place to do a bunch of drugs, pay for sex, and then kill yourself
Closed Thread