Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 02:26 PM
Banned

9\11 was a national tragedy
Old 11-22-2020, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelika2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And already feeling that lull. I thought this was going to be a new and refreshing re-re-reexperience but turns out its more of the same shit reinforced not by 2000~ era memories, but even more of the same shit with people with cataloged knowledge of 5-6 years of kunark by the same people from only like 5 years ago.
I think the key here lies in managing expectations. Green (and its presumed subsequent iterations) amounts to P1999's version of a limited-lifespan progression server. It should appeal to folks who enjoy that sort of race. It is not and never could be a time machine back to ~2000 because there are too many other factors in play besides the game code itself. I've said the following before: Nostalgia brings many players to P1999 but it doesn't keep them here very long. The folks who stay are the folks who like the game on its own merits beyond taking a few months' tour down memory lane.

I recognized Green's limitations early and never expected to get long-term use out of it. I enjoyed the time I spent on Green but P1999-Blue remains my primary server and will remain so as long as it remains open.

Danth
Old 11-22-2020, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

I didn't play much of blue, and back in 2000/2001 I was super casual. Never did seb/chardok/HS. I was mainly just PKing in teens and mid levels for lolz. So fit's fresh for me.

In either case... MAKE NEW MEMORIES!

Living life trying to relive the PAST is BAD for your mental health and legacy in life.

Nostalgia is great, but if that's all you're here for... yikes. Gonna be disappointed. You changed. The Devs aren't doing it real-classic. Somethings cannot be undone. Some things cannot be re-done.

Enjoy what it is. Make new memories. Instead of trying to relive "what was" why not try "what could have been?"

That's what I did, and I'm on the brink of setting some classic Norrathian records [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-22-2020, 04:02 PM
Banned

Imagine seeing what happened on blue and thinking something different would happen on green.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would we all have been better off if EQ never happened?
I feel like by now the world would have a cure to cancer and fusion power had it not been for this game and all the hours it has taken from people's lives!
Old 11-22-2020, 11:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P1999 just doesn't have that classic slow burn chilled out pace, it's all treadmill levelling and farming for EC/raids, then claiming the few select spots are overcamped while 95% of the game is desolate.
Main issue with P99 right now. Staff seems to think raiding is the point of EQ. For some people, it was. For MOST people it was not. P99 is overly trivial and always seems to include a well known "easy mode" leveling path to funnel everyone to max level through 2-3 zones.

I've been extremely disappointed with green from the moment it launched with quest exp off, mob spawns increased, and instancing with Teal which is all it was since it merged pre-Kunark. I'll never understand how the staff can claim so much that it's classic or nothing and then implement this kind of stuff.

A 10 year wait for Green and they blow it up right out the gates making it extremely non-classic and focusing on building a gigantic number of max level characters who can't even play the game without the non-classic handicaps provided. Seriously, blows my mind.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:32 PM
Banned

sorry elves, but in our version of Everquest Classic you can’t hand in CB belts/shoulder pads for quest XP for a month (or year) because we say so
(LOL)
Old 11-22-2020, 11:32 PM
Banned

capitalism was a mistake
Old 11-22-2020, 11:34 PM
Banned

The "its not classic" argument is as old as time. Even if the server was running on the trilogy client, and had 100% perfectly accurate classic game mechanics, combat formulas, mob locations etc... the actual experience of playing it wouldn't be even close to classic. People would still be min-maxing, going to a small handful of zones, etc.. because that is inevitable. There's nothing the staff has done to make players behave this way, it's 20 years of knowledge. Ironically, many of the changes that the staff implements that people consider "unclassic" are intended to make the actual experience *more* classic. IE, turning off firepot binding so quickly, because when kunark first came out in 2000 nobody knew what they were, so barely anybody bound there before it was nerfed. On green, if they had left binding in for a month or whatever the original window was in 2000, the entire server would be bound there. The entire server being bound at pots is certainly not a classic thing, in that it did not occur during classic. So their trade-off was to eliminate it quickly, but still allow people to bind for a few days.

TL;DR bitching about things not being classic on this free server makes you a big ungrateful baby douchebag. Bad form.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:40 PM
Banned

Exclamation

turning off all the quests in a game called EVERQUEST
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread