Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 10:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbstractVision [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only way what you're saying would work is if you can disconnect and then reconnect from a different IP while on the list to swap players when one goes to sleep AND one guild gets enough people on the list first to effectively lock it forever AND
those characters on the list never leave the zone and always have a non afk person playing them 24/7.

Is it possible? Yes. Realistic? No.
Why are you talking about IP's? I'm talking about guilds owning an entire farm and not allowing anybody to get it. They didn't stop it from happening, they just increased the number of people required for it to happen.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbstractVision [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only way what you're saying would work is if you can disconnect and then reconnect from a different IP while on the list to swap players when one goes to sleep AND one guild gets enough people on the list first to effectively lock it forever AND
those characters on the list never leave the zone and always have a non afk person playing them 24/7.

Is it possible? Yes. Realistic? No.
Realistic for P99 level 9000+ neckbeards? Yes.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lists aren't going to work. The same guilds farming the items will have every member in their guild that is online at the time put on the list and rotate it out until every member has what they need. If they try to put a limit on guilds and what not then the people just won't be in guilds.

There is no work around to this tbh.
You just created an imaginary situation using framework that doesn't even exist in the already proposed stipulations of the list, and then decided that imaginary impossible situation has no resolution.

So grats you I guess?

You're basically ready to start a "skeptic" youtube channel and start making that $$
Old 10-01-2019, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes and no.

When I say it takes a long time to accumulate assets, I don't just mean gear. I mean people having enough level 60 toons in raiding gear to be parked at fear, yelinak, dain, and Tormax, with every toon bound at ToV. I mean a Doubles mage, a triples mage, a dagarn mage, 2 Doze mages, a mage at every ST golem, a Zlandi mage, 2 Aary mages, a Trak mage, 2 fear tracker bots, a hate tracker bot, a PoM mage, 10 epic'd level 60 guild bot clerics. Enough tanks, and necros and cleric's in the personal accounts of 60-100 players to adjust raid composition on the fly at 2 am on a Wednesday when Vyemm pops, and entire raid force of VP keyed toons that never ever leave so Hosh and PD die within minutes of spawning, even in the middle of a raid in another zone. Every cleric, rogue, shaman, druid, and wizard with an epic by level 50.

That is what a trivial endgame looks like, and I simply don't think that Green will ever have the time to accumulate that level of top heavy glut.

I mean just think how rare warrior epics will be, or bard epics. Green scales have been dropping for like 8 years on P99, white scales for 10, and yet they are both still 500k+ on the open market and costs as much DKP as Vulak loot if you are in a raiding guild. Green will only ever see what, 150, maybe 200 white scales? And that's counting the one that drops the day before the servers merge.

Sometime inspect a truly old P99 raiding main. The best geared players on the server are still not even full BiS and they have been raiding weekly for nearly a decade. Green will never have the time to trivialize.
What if i told you velious was beat in kunark gear and none of that sicko stuff you mentioned really matters you can kill 98% of this game’s content with 25-35 active raiders

Is kind of a shame that the devs here favor a ruleset that rewards big zerg forces though
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What if i told you velious was beat in kunark gear and none of that sicko stuff you mentioned really matters you can kill 98% of this game’s content with 25-35 active raiders
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Mind blown.

Last 2% is.. AoW and Sleeper.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Mind blown.

Last 2% is.. AoW and Sleeper.
Tunare wasn't day 1 iirc.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Is kind of a shame that the devs here favor a ruleset that rewards big zerg forces though
What if I told you I have beaten Velious in Kunark gear on 5 different servers, including P99? That wasn't my point, beaten does not mean trivial. And killing AoW in pure Kunark is simply not possible without a massive raid with a list of tanks the likes of which I have never seen on any server.

Velious may have been quickly beaten on P99, though not really that quickly, but it was not even close to trivial until probably even after the Sleeper was awoken.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:46 AM
Planar Protector

The point was more about the 4.5 years of Kunark and nearly four years of epics being available on blue prior to Kunark, really. The insane socking infrastructure here takes time to create. We might end up with a ton of CotH mage bots on green though.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you talking about IP's? I'm talking about guilds owning an entire farm and not allowing anybody to get it. They didn't stop it from happening, they just increased the number of people required for it to happen.
Can you please explain what you are talking about?

For list, a player has to join the list and stay at their computer non afk until the item drops and it's their turn. How does having friends/guild help at all? no, you can't log onto your buddy's account when he goes to bed. Different IP/mac addres (yes they have that info easily available). You bring 10 people to get on the list? Sure. If they got there before me, and all 10 of them do the wait (for 10 successive items to drop), they deserve the items? why not.

I think you just have a fundamental lack of understanding about how list works
Old 10-01-2019, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

I hate to open a can of worms, but each person could be on list, then the computer that toon is logged onto could be remote desktopped to other players to keep that toon logged in / active from the same machine/ip/etc.
Closed Thread