Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 08:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate to open a can of worms, but each person could be on list, then the computer that toon is logged onto could be remote desktopped to other players to keep that toon logged in / active from the same machine/ip/etc.
You must be mistaken! Clear circumvention of the server rules would NEVER be permitted and/or encouraged in the spirit of "competition."
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Old 10-01-2019, 09:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point was more about the 4.5 years of Kunark and nearly four years of epics being available on blue prior to Kunark, really. The insane socking infrastructure here takes time to create. We might end up with a ton of CotH mage bots on green though.
This is true, there may be a ton of coth mages. Especially given how powerful they are in classic. I have even thought about rolling a mage to start and just using it to farm plat and gear until Kunark drops and I can leave it at 55 to be a coth bish.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think Green will end up being a farm for blue.

Blue is going to be a ghost town after green goes live. Nobody will care about Blue before Green recycles, nobody will care after.

This is like when Diablo implemented seasonal ladders in their game, people say they're going to play non-seasonal. But that isn't going to be how it shakes out.
Disagree with the ghost town comment. I think Blue will be a ghost town until like the end of 2019. Once people go through the novel experience of leveling up a character at launch when everyone has nothing, I think many will return to Blue. I'm not saying Green will be a ghost town by any means, but I could see it eventually being pretty close to a 50/50 split of the pop. Once the novelty wears off and people hit 50 and start gearing their alts, Green loses some of it's appeal in my personal opinion. At that point, I'd rather just play on Blue.

Then again, maybe both will have high pops since you can be logged into both servers at once. You can level chars on Blue and Green at the same time, so why not?
Old 10-04-2019, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disagree with the ghost town comment. I think Blue will be a ghost town until like the end of 2019. Once people go through the novel experience of leveling up a character at launch when everyone has nothing, I think many will return to Blue. I'm not saying Green will be a ghost town by any means, but I could see it eventually being pretty close to a 50/50 split of the pop. Once the novelty wears off and people hit 50 and start gearing their alts, Green loses some of it's appeal in my personal opinion. At that point, I'd rather just play on Blue.

Then again, maybe both will have high pops since you can be logged into both servers at once. You can level chars on Blue and Green at the same time, so why not?
I personally think most will continue on Green after they get their first 50. Green is the “real game” now and time spent on Blue is time that could be spent gearing up for Kunark. The only thing Blue has going for it now is EZ PZ raids now. There is hardly any low or mid game toons around, no reason to do any of the quests or experience any of the under used content. It’s already mostly a ghost town outside of cash camps and raiding. I don’t think that’ll be enough to lure most people back.
Last edited by El-Hefe; 10-04-2019 at 01:34 PM..
Closed Thread