Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 10:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like playing tank-type characters. I don't like raiding. Paladin was an obvious and natural fit for me for many years and gave good satisfaction. Later on, changing real-life conditions dictate that I do a lot more duo (and even a little solo) than full groups nowadays. I still like the group tank job too, though. Switching to Shadow Knight was the obvious decision, and since making that switch in 2012 it has likewise provided full satisfaction.

Yeah I could play a Monk. I don't like the style, don't like the lack of non-charge frontloaded aggro, don't like the weight limit, don't like the lack of a spellbook....etc etc. EQ's nice in providing so many choices.

Danth
When I think of a Knight on P99 the name Danth always comes to mind! You do you bro!
Old 10-03-2019, 11:27 PM
Banned

i identified with a narcissistic high elf wizard persona during live (what a mistake)

i identify a little too much with a troll shadow knight persona these last 8 years
its fun to be bad
Old 10-04-2019, 12:29 AM
Sarnak

Greenmist
Old 10-04-2019, 01:02 AM
Kobold

Shaman is the most fun because it's the only priest, and one of only 2 spell casters that doesn't have to spend all day sitting on the ground, watching other people play EQ.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:32 AM
Planar Protector

I’ve gotten to play every class now. They’re all pretty kick ass.

But IMO bard is above everything else. Their skill ceiling is ridiculously high and no other class can make an entire group feel that much stronger around them. This was the first class I ever played and it will definitely will be the last.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

I first mained necro in classic until velious. I loved the raw power. I loved the versatility in groups of cc, heals, off-tanking, and doing good dmg. Velious, I switched to pally. I thoroughly enjoyed it for grouping. I was the guilds 2nd tank/off-tank until PoP... then I got put into a heal chain when SKs got AAs that made them better... So yeah... Then I didn't have time to raid anymore and wife duo'd ench/cle while i duo'd pally/beast and it was wonderful. Yup you could bot in classic. But by that time most raids were done by groups except time and fear/hate/sky was being duo'd so wasn't a big deal.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:34 PM
Orc

Dwarf Paladin. Love dwarves in fantasy and I usually play a Paladin in every fantasy game.

But for the class, I like how I was a sought after tank in the early game. Then, when my life got busier, I was able to solo fairly easily after I got good at it.

I am really looking forward to playing on Green fairly casually and grouping up.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

The ability to transport large numbers of people to places they otherwise could not visit. Being able to soothe the tummies of all seasick travelers via shimmering portals. Finding runic markings throughout the world and combining them into powerful spells. Having a roleplaying reason to follow Quellious.
Closed Thread