Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 05:46 PM
Aviak

Default VP Keys Quests should not be in game

Hey folks,

GMs acknowledge that certain behaviors are detrimental to the server that are gained by foresight for what's to come. These behaviors/items they seek to control are not negative nor do they have malicious intent, but ultimately are controlled to maintain the spirit of classic EQ experience.

I believe the most infamous/famous example of this to be GM intervention to nerf the Gnoll Scroll experience - but there are other intentional decisions to stick to this server's scope of work.

That being said - I do not think that VP Keys should remain in game for this reason. No one, in true classic experience at this stage of Kunark, had any idea what VP was or what it would do, what loot benefits would wait. And even if they did, I think it is fair to say that they were no methods to mass produce VP keys.

I would hope that the GMs consider the precedent they've maintained to make this the best emulated everquest experience and remove the VP Key quest line and/or its no drops - from the game.

This is my perspective alone and not representative of my elf pals.
Old 12-22-2020, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

I relate to your statements here Nphixion. I think that the green server has been a bit of a hybrid mix of "true 99 style" experience meaning we get to use all our knowledge to totally decimate what was in 1999, and at the same time some adjustments were in place, like the list like the quest EXP nerf, and so on.

I don't think that VP keys are going to be removed or nerfed in any way at this phase of the game.

I do think that we should learn from the green server about how to make a further customized server that follows classic timeline with changes in place that remove some of the craziness (that destroys classic experience) we have seen on green, such as the VP key issues you are talking about here. There are always going to be some bottlenecks.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-22-2020, 07:37 PM
Aviak

Whats the issue with the VP key? Just that back in the day at this point people didn't know about?
Old 12-22-2020, 08:35 PM
Fire Giant

Not classic but apparently that doesn't matter anymore. I do support added difficulty to P99. Currently P99 is actually much easier than live ever was due to non-classic bugs, decisions, etc.

Changes to VP and ST keys is likely worth doing to add significant difficulty. Either just general nerfs to drop rates or a new quest.
Old 12-22-2020, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Did the quest for the key even exist this early in the expansion originally, before the zone was ever released? Doesn't seem much different than all the epic quest drops they deleted for the same reason.
Old 12-23-2020, 01:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did the quest for the key even exist this early in the expansion originally, before the zone was ever released? Doesn't seem much different than all the epic quest drops they deleted for the same reason.
I find this very unlikely.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 12-23-2020, 03:45 AM
Sarnak

What? People crying because someone is going to beat them to VP an make their loot look like trash? VP was well known an touted as being the hardest raid zone in the game before Kunark was released. The only thing having people with VP keys does is open up more raid targets to spread out all those raiding guilds, so its not a bad thing. Its a good thing. Jesus H F-ing Christ, can man children quit crying about every little thing, just play the game or dont. The people that actually did play back in the day know this server is no where close to live in actual content, loot drop rates, zone populations, exp tables, nothing is right. Root was never this strong, so strong is makes mezz almost questionable. Spawn times were never so low corpses would still be rotting before the next spawn. 6 min spawn times? in every zone? LOL, there may have been like 1-2 spawns like that in the whole game. You have most zones with 6 min 40 sec spawn times, everyone knows thats wrong. Most spawn times were 12-15 min average. LOL, Green is everquest safe mode, sad thing is most don't even know it. They also added high ZEMs before they should have ever existed, should have been late Velious or even after that! That's what makes the quest exp nerfing so funny, like that REALLY did anything but punish new players. You worried about people leveling too fast why have ZEMs? Classic Everquest didn't have ZEM's, didn't have 6 min 40 sec spawn timers. Classic, I think not.
Last edited by NPC; 12-23-2020 at 04:14 AM..
Old 12-23-2020, 12:57 PM
Aviak

(Gnoll scrolls were well known before kunark release.) not too sure what else NPC is talking about but you can start another thread elsewhere lol
Old 12-23-2020, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nphixion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(Gnoll scrolls were well known before kunark release.) not too sure what else NPC is talking about but you can start another thread elsewhere lol
ZEM = Zone Experience Modifiers, in the original game they put these in to make the old unused zones more popular during late Veilous or even later. Not sure the exact modifier, but essentially anything you killed in the zone would give you like 50-70% more experience. Green introduced these zone experience bonuses at the very beginning High Keep had a really high zone modifier early in green, later they nerfed the modifier. Other zones, upper guk, Cazic Thule, Gorge of king Xorb. These still have modifiers, currently the best I believe is Permafrost, think its + 100%, so you get double exp.
They have exp bonus zones, but they are worried about quest exp? It makes no sense.
Understand now?
Old 12-23-2020, 04:57 PM
Aviak

Sir this is a thread about VP Keys not ZEMs.
Closed Thread