Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 03:40 PM
Aviak

Like others have said, collect bone chips, spiderling silk, zombie skin, whatever else you can get your hands on, and sell it in EC. 90 plat should get you a full suit of banded (make sure you get the smallest size you can wear), then get started on a weapon.

If you're around Kaladim as a newbie, ask whoever is killing guards if you can loot a dwarven axe, it's 6/26, so it's better than anything you can loot on your own for a while (even better than fine steel, IMO). Anywhere else, ask if you can loot a fine steel weapon... just ask politely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladin LFG, Remember my Xp penalty is lower than that iksar monk in your group
I lol'ed... it's very true [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The xp penalty isn't that bad in groups... I was in MM GY 2 days ago with 2 SKs (erudite and dark elf) and an iksar monk, with me on my druid... the XP still flowed. Personally, Paladin is my preferred group tank, SK second, warrior third. Paladins have excellent snap aggro, and Lay Hands is one of the best "oh sh*t" buttons in the game.

Even if you're not tanking, dropping LH on the tank when the healers are oom and he's almost dead can save the group. You also have the snap aggro to pull something off a squishy group member and offtank when things get wonky.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:43 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Cool I went for the Paladin

Well, thanks everyone for the advice. I ended up making a Paladin and I am now level 8. I farmed bone chips to get enough plat for a Banded set. Furthermore, a couple people have given me free money without me asking. Best of all, I stood in the EC tunnel and asked to buy a SOW once, and someone stepped up and gave me a Sword of the Morning! I am well on my way now, can't wait to get my spells soon.

BTW, if you are the person who gave me Sword of the Morning, feel free to post here and tell me, because I was so excited that I forgot to write down the name (now I feel bad for not remembering).
Old 09-29-2014, 06:43 PM
Orc

What does a full set of banded run usually?
Old 09-29-2014, 07:00 PM
Orc

1pp per AC. I think its about 90p?
Old 09-29-2014, 07:13 PM
Banned

There is a paladin in Com right now, dude is not twinkled one bit, rocks a ghoulbane.

this dude is in every group ever, he pulls like a champ and speaks no english

moral of the story, lfg people do get invites! good luck god speed and enjoy!

PS auto correct corrected twinked to twinkled and I thought it was fitting for a paladin conversation, twinkletoes.

please name your paladin Twinkletoes Palydancer
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 09-29-2014 at 07:21 PM..
Old 09-29-2014, 07:28 PM
Large Bat

I recently started playing again from scratch. For money, I farmed Greater Lightstones and High Quality Bear Skins (30p each to players) in WC. You can turn the GLS in for exp and an item worth 9p to vendor, or sell them to players for a slight markup (regular lighstones too, but they aren't as valuable). Sometimes it's a bit camped, but stick with it - and you're right next to EC so moving product is quick. Made about 200p from this.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:32 PM
Orc

Would I be better off going for full set of armor or a good weapon if I'm doing this from scratch
Old 10-03-2014, 09:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would I be better off going for full set of armor or a good weapon if I'm doing this from scratch
As a paladin I believe armor is more important.
Closed Thread