Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Large Bat

Default Best partner for SK

Hey all, I know this is covered elsewhere in a million iterations but I guess I'm hoping for some more/fresh perspective? My friend is rolling an SK and loving it and while I'm trying to give the shammy a fair shot for it, I'm wondering what other classes are solid duos for an SK. Really not remotely interested in monks or clerics, for whatever that's worth. Any thoughts on best partner for utility and/or just general fun & badassery?
Old 10-13-2014, 12:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsamanzana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey all, I know this is covered elsewhere in a million iterations but I guess I'm hoping for some more/fresh perspective? My friend is rolling an SK and loving it and while I'm trying to give the shammy a fair shot for it, I'm wondering what other classes are solid duos for an SK. Really not remotely interested in monks or clerics, for whatever that's worth. Any thoughts on best partner for utility and/or just general fun & badassery?
Shammy's seem to go well with everything, but I'm not sure about the other classes. I wonder how a necro would be?
Old 10-13-2014, 12:54 PM
Orc

Shaman will seem like they don't bring much to the table until 24, 29 and 34. After that you'll understand why they are such a good duo partner with SKs.

If you don't like Cleric, there is always Druid. They're stronger than shamans before 34 and you get teleports.

If you don't want a healer at all, you could always try something like an enchanter or bard to team up with the SK, and find a healer to join you.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:07 PM
Large Bat

Thanks man! Could definitely give the druid a shot.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:18 PM
Aviak

I second the shaman or druid ^^^

For non-healers, rogue works well with any class that can fear kite, and any healer would be happy to join that group. A ranger can put out dps and do minor healing, a wizzie or mage can burn it down as soon as it starts to run. There's also enchanter for stun/mez/mana, and again it would be very easy to get a healer to join (I did SK/enc/druid last week and it was great... 2 charmed pets and little healing required).

I would say SK could make an effective duo with any non-tank or non-necro (dots not stacking might hurt that combo). Just pick a dps class and fear kite or take a healer and tank it.
Closed Thread