Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 07:31 AM
Aviak

Default Faction and Necromancers

Hi All,

So i have been reading up on Necromancers and how rolling one of them can alter your faction when you are a neutral race (i.e Erudites). One thing that I haven't been able to determine is if rolling something like a human necromancer or gnome necromancer will alter your faction negatively.

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2014, 08:34 AM
Fire Giant

Yes. But really you wanna be an iksar necro anyway the regen is just too op.
Last edited by mr_jon3s; 10-08-2014 at 08:37 AM..
Old 10-08-2014, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jon3s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-08-2014, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

If you care about faction as a Necro, I'd suggest rolling Erudite or Human and not handing in your guild note... Gnomes probably have the same reputation, but I'm not positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jon3s
Iksar regen is great, but I think the question for Iksar vs DE/Human/Gnome/Erudite is "Where do I want to level?" moreso than "Regen >>> Anything else," which is more of an Min/Max'er point of view.

Rolling Iksar, you're going to have an amazing set of zones in Kunark, all right next to your home city which absolutely adores you. Off the continent, you're going to be hated without a ton of mind-numbing turn-ins, and have to waste A Lot of time running to the handful of vendors/bank(s) you can use. It all changes once you get your 34 Lich spell of course, but its still a pain in the butt to carry all those spells with you, especially once you get to bronze/fine steel dropping camps, and how wimpy all Necro races are.

For Anybody else, you're accepted in a surprising number of cities and vendors, will be able to repair any faction you want through normal leveling spots, and wont have a problem getting any of your spells.

I played an Erudite Necro (to 65) on live from Kunark to LDoN and have an Iksar Necro (28th) here. I had hoped to relive my favorite Old World camps and whatnot, but its honestly not worth it with how amazing Kunark is, and how cumbersome Iksars are in the Old World. In exchange though, I've gotten to experience low-level Kunark and will also get to enjoy killing Absolutely Everybody Else in a few more levels.

tldr; Roll Iksar and don't ever(until 34) leave Kunark. Roll anything else and go where you please. Play whatever race you like the most aesthetically.

EDIT: Its been a long time, but as an Erudite, you' should be able to go into pretty much every city so long as you avoid other caster and priest guilds. If you Are KoS, I don't believe you are Scowling with very many guards/guilds that matter by default. I can't speak for Human or Gnome, but I imagine its the same.
Last edited by Crawdad; 10-08-2014 at 01:11 PM..
Old 10-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you care about faction as a Necro, I'd suggest rolling Erudite or Human and not handing in your guild note... Gnomes probably have the same reputation, but I'm not positive.

Iksar regen is great, but I think the question for Iksar vs DE/Human/Gnome/Erudite is "Where do I want to level?" moreso than "Regen >>> Anything else," which is more of an Min/Max'er point of view.

Rolling Iksar, you're going to have an amazing set of zones in Kunark, all right next to your home city which absolutely adores you. Off the continent, you're going to be hated without a ton of mind-numbing turn-ins, and have to waste A Lot of time running to the handful of vendors/bank(s) you can use. It all changes once you get your 34 Lich spell of course, but its still a pain in the butt to carry all those spells with you, especially once you get to bronze/fine steel dropping camps, and how wimpy all Necro races are.

For Anybody else, you're accepted in a surprising number of cities and vendors, will be able to repair any faction you want through normal leveling spots, and wont have a problem getting any of your spells.
It's actually not really that bad. You can bank in Freeport / Felwithe / Kelethin with just gather shadows and there are enough neutral vendors around that it also isn't a problem. You can always make a lvl 1 alt and drop-transfer weapons to sell and then buy gems to drop-transfer back. You won't be leaving kunark until level 20 anyways (kurns is too good to leave, set you up nearly for life for bone chips, and you'd prob wanna stay till 22 so you can train dodge before leaving). Then as you said, once you get to 34 CoB changes everything and makes life no hassle.

Iksar is just too good to pass up imo. Gnome is the only other choice because being able to see-through walls is a super powerful racial ability that none of the other races have (and gnomes have very little faction issues). CoS makes dark elf hide racial pointless.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Last edited by baalzy; 10-10-2014 at 07:06 PM..
Old 10-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Sarnak

As an SK I have to say Hide is OP... if you Fd then hide... you can most of the time stand and cast Cos with no agro...
Old 10-16-2014, 11:10 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I played an Erudite Necro (to 65) on live from Kunark to LDoN and have an Iksar Necro (28th) here. I had hoped to relive my favorite Old World camps and whatnot, but its honestly not worth it with how amazing Kunark is, and how cumbersome Iksars are in the Old World. In exchange though, I've gotten to experience low-level Kunark and will also get to enjoy killing Absolutely Everybody Else in a few more levels.

tldr; Roll Iksar and don't ever(until 34) leave Kunark. Roll anything else and go where you please. Play whatever race you like the most aesthetically.

EDIT: Its been a long time, but as an Erudite, you' should be able to go into pretty much every city so long as you avoid other caster and priest guilds. If you Are KoS, I don't believe you are Scowling with very many guards/guilds that matter by default. I can't speak for Human or Gnome, but I imagine its the same.
You mention things changing at 34 with the lich spell, what exactly does this help with/change aside from the mana tick?
Last edited by Whatley; 10-16-2014 at 11:13 AM..
Old 10-16-2014, 11:19 AM
Aviak

Another random off question to this, i know Iksar's make the best Necros, but does this hold true at max level raiding as well? I'd love to not be an Iksar, but if it will harm me raid wise then i'd rather bite the bullet now.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:08 PM
Orc

Don't be an Iksar if you don't want to be one. Regen doesn't make up for hating the look and feel of your character.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostclover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't be an Iksar if you don't want to be one. Regen doesn't make up for hating the look and feel of your character.
Yea, i hear that. But at the end of the day if being a race that looks slightly better causes me to gimp myself big time I'd choose rolling an Iksar. I guess the thing I always wonder is how much the regen thing matters at max level in a raiding scenario.

So basically if regen is OP during the leveling experience but isn't a major factor in raiding then I'd have no issue rolling a Erui or something else, but if that regen is going to give me a nice boost in raiding then I would rather bite the bullet.
Last edited by Whatley; 10-16-2014 at 12:16 PM..
Closed Thread