Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 01:00 PM
Orc

Wizard - really slow leveling solo until you can quad kite (34?). You can always jump into groups before that and nuke once per mob. At higher levels you can quad, teleport, and raids love you. AE groups love you, regular groups will put up with you if you're a friend.

Shaman - slow leveling solo until 29-34. Around 29 is when you shine in groups. Groups love you up to 60. Soloing isn't fantastic until epic and/or fungi, torpor, etc. But they're not terrible leveling solo. Raids like you for buffs, but too many Shamans and you'll feel a little like a third wheel.

Enchanter - boring on raids. Awesome at everything else. Groups love you. Groups even love two of you if you both can charm (or one CC one charm).

Monk - you don't need much gear early on. You can solo decently (worse than the other three suggestions). Groups love you. Raids love you. High melee dps is always stackable.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:02 PM
Aviak

I see shamys and ench overpopulated, at least at low lvls (im 17)

Doing /who in Innothule swamp: 6 shamys, 1 SK, 1 War.

Oasis: There is not a group without shamans and enchanters (today I've been with 2 enchanters in the same group) a lot of druids too. Some bards, some necros, some monks. Sks, Rangers,Pallys...rare. Warriors, very rare. Rogues extremely rare, I guess I still havent agroup with a single rogue.
Last edited by rotenvok; 10-17-2014 at 03:57 AM..
Old 10-16-2014, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

I think a lot of shaman and enc are rolled, but the burn out when people realise you can't semi afk for 80% efficiency like other classes can. They never seem to exist past mid twenties (don't even see them soloing).
Old 10-16-2014, 06:06 PM
Kobold

speaking of enchanters..... how reliable is their charm? IF i have plenty of cha does it break often? Or do I have to expect it to break sooner or later?

Also end game which is needed more. I know some classes there are a gazillion of. Like another here said I see tons of low level enchanters. I also see plenty of high end ones.
Last edited by NirrtiXXX; 10-16-2014 at 06:13 PM..
Old 10-18-2014, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirrtiXXX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
speaking of enchanters..... how reliable is their charm? IF i have plenty of cha does it break often? Or do I have to expect it to break sooner or later?
It depends on your level relative to the mobs level, the mobs magic resistance (alterable with the Tashani line of spells), and your Charisma. Charms WILL break. How often depends upon these factors.
Closed Thread