Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-20-2016, 07:47 PM
Orc

Default No spell effects through wineskin on iMac?

Hello, I've been playing two weeks roughly through Wineskin on an iMac.

I am NOT able to view spell effects AT ALL. At first I kinda figured "Screw it, at least I can play", but after a few weeks it's rather bothersome.

I was hoping someone might be able to lead me in the right direction as I'm positive I'm not the only person playing through wineskin, and obviously not EVERYBODY is having this issue.

Any help or suggestions would be great, thanks alot!
Old 10-20-2016, 11:13 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/showspelleffects on

or

turn spell effects on via the options menu

alt o
negative ghost-rider.. although I DO appreciate your response, I only WISH it was that simple...

I've confirmed that it was ON, and I still get nothing. Very open to any/all suggestions moving forward!
Old 10-24-2016, 12:59 PM
Developer

If you do not hear spell sound effects either it sounds like your files are messed up. Make sure the spell effects folder and the spellsnew.edd and spellsnew.eff files from the patch make it into your directory.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:19 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you do not hear spell sound effects either it sounds like your files are messed up. Make sure the spell effects folder and the spellsnew.edd and spellsnew.eff files from the patch make it into your directory.
I actually found your reply to a similar question a while ago.

Just to further eliminate the simple solutions i changed opacity and everything to the correct setting to confirm it didn't work.

In in your reply you linked to the spells files and I replaced everything in the SpellEffects folder, and the Spellsnew.edd, Spellsnew.eff.

It did not work at first, so i made sure the opacity was correct and everything in the display tab was correct. It wasn't until i cycled the /show command OFF and then back ON did it work.

THANKS Telin!

TLDR; redid the spell files mentioned above, then cycled options from off to on and it worked!
Old 10-28-2016, 10:25 AM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

that sucks
Old 10-30-2016, 07:53 PM
Kobold

Hello,

Just wanted to put in a comment...

I'm finding PlayOnMac to be much easier for EQ on Mac versus Wineskin.

Able to install just as I would on Windows... didn't have to go through any changes different than what I would on Windows, to get on either P99 or EQ Live.

I downloaded PlayOnMac and followed the graphical installer. For P99 all I did was mount the ISO's in Finder and run the install as I would on a Windows machine... for EQ Live just ran the EXE.

The PlayOnMac installer makes it rather simple, everything is created in a separate instance, easy to manage.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salelor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello, I've been playing two weeks roughly through Wineskin on an iMac.

I am NOT able to view spell effects AT ALL. At first I kinda figured "Screw it, at least I can play", but after a few weeks it's rather bothersome.

I was hoping someone might be able to lead me in the right direction as I'm positive I'm not the only person playing through wineskin, and obviously not EVERYBODY is having this issue.

Any help or suggestions would be great, thanks alot!
I have the same problem with spell effects and was unable to figure out a solution with Wineskin.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell92 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello,

Just wanted to put in a comment...

I'm finding PlayOnMac to be much easier for EQ on Mac versus Wineskin.

Able to install just as I would on Windows... didn't have to go through any changes different than what I would on Windows, to get on either P99 or EQ Live.

I downloaded PlayOnMac and followed the graphical installer. For P99 all I did was mount the ISO's in Finder and run the install as I would on a Windows machine... for EQ Live just ran the EXE.

The PlayOnMac installer makes it rather simple, everything is created in a separate instance, easy to manage.
I tried installing p99 PlayOnMac last night and it works perfectly! Thanks for the advice.