Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously. This isn't happening. Join red for PVE, join red for PVP. Play how you want to play, join the proper guild that caters to your playstyle. No matter what server you play on, or what game you play, there are gonna be some douches along the way. You can't avoid that, but the forums is an awful representation on what's actually happening on here.
If the guy you quoted (who has been perpetually banned on all of his previous accounts) says to play on Red, I think that tells everyone they need to know about the experience they’ll have on Red
Old 11-30-2020, 01:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the guy you quoted (who has been perpetually banned on all of his previous accounts) says to play on Red, I think that tells everyone they need to know about the experience they’ll have on Red
Look- All i do is here try to explain my situation and my experience. There is 0 reason to try and intervene. Join if it sounds like it fits your playstyle, otherwise i see no reason to try and keep folks away from a server?

-Im a blueplayer since 2016
-Made a green toon but couldn't compete
-I felt an unhealthy urge for pixels and to reach top levels on green which my life/schedule would in no way allow me to reach.
-Went back to blue, but goals also felt unattainable, and i felt lost between the servers.
-Joined red. Felt 0, absolutely 0 urge to get top pixels and levels. Dont know why, but i just dont feel an urge.
-Red became my green server. And i found qualities on it that really cater to my casual self, and this many years in, provide a fresh twist on EQ.
-Red was a fresh start for me during my retirement phase of P99.. It's not for everybody, i get that. But for some folks like me- This was my answer
Old 11-30-2020, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

^^ this guy gets it.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:14 PM
Banned

Post 2012 red is blue 2.0
hope this helps
Old 11-30-2020, 01:50 PM
Aviak

I don’t know why they shutdown teal in the first place, it was a stupid move. Instead lets cluster fuck one server so much. In the end there making more work for themselves with petitionquest and etc.
Old 11-30-2020, 02:32 PM
Banned

green was a mistake

i miss my paladin
Old 11-30-2020, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Open transfer to red only...mobs are up, camps are open. See you soon.
I'm in Swish, started on Red two weeks ago and have been enjoying Red more so than Blue or Green. In those two weeks I have levels easily to level 35 and have gotten several quest items that are normally on lock down on the other servers. Also it should be noted I have been in 4 leveling groups/duos so far. Also the pvp is really fun. While leveling I have been in 2 not able pvp encounters. The first one was what I would call a fair fight in terms of gear but I got 2v1 and lost. Funny thing is everyone was very nice following the fight and we joked and laughed about it as i sat next to the two of them recovering from the fight, even buffed them. Found out they were a husband and wife duo also new to the server. Now the bad, I have also seen on a few occasions some asshat in global /ooc spouting off about random garbage. Easily ignored and I moved on.
Old 11-30-2020, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

It should be noted that even when red had population, you could still get quest items, because you couldn't AFK a computer on a cell phone connection on a spare laptop on EZMODE cash farms, because that character would be murdered.

There is a cultural and actual game play difference not just a population disparity.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-30-2020, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t know why they shutdown teal in the first place, it was a stupid move. Instead lets cluster fuck one server so much. In the end there making more work for themselves with petitionquest and etc.
Staff shut down teal because they promised to shut down teal from the get go. The total lack of newbie mobs in vanilla was a 1 time problem that staff chose to offer a solution for. Who knows what they will do on the next time line progression server, we have like 3 years to find out. I would focus my efforts on enjoying what is on offer NOW rather than hope for something better. This advice is coming from a guy that has been BEGGING for a red99 restart now much longer than I begged for red99's creation. Take my advice and let it go.

If they kept teal around because of "over population" they might as well eliminate all of the vanilla content that doesn't offer a special reward or something. There is a lot of vanilla to go around and they just wanted to offer some alleviation for the people who were HOPING TO ACQUIRE 1 static level 1 spawn in the newbie yard.

On red guess what we grouped up and ran around mobbing the hell out of the game and so that we didn't all have to kill eachother.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:30 PM
Skeleton

Default Damn Swish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Open transfer to red only...mobs are up, camps are open. See you soon.
Damn Swish you got almost 18k posts? Dafuq
Closed Thread