Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 03:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah if you jump and attack you fling a fat glob of paint really far, I like that a lot too. It is just childish enough without being TOO childish. It hits me just right as a refreshing escape from shit like COD and battlefield and certainly like whatever those popular FPS games are that I don't like the vibe of.
Right now the little man and I are obsessed with Rocket League haha.... God damn that game....
Old 12-10-2020, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah if you jump and attack you fling a fat glob of paint really far, I like that a lot too. It is just childish enough without being TOO childish. It hits me just right as a refreshing escape from shit like COD and battlefield and certainly like whatever those popular FPS games are that I don't like the vibe of.
:nods:
Old 12-14-2020, 04:07 AM
Kobold

I like splatoon 2 but i suck at it. One day I'd like to practice enough to play against good people or at least unlock all the guns but there are too many gd games to play.
Old 12-14-2020, 08:06 AM
Aviak

Was thinking about a Nintendo switch, last console I had before Gaming PCs was a N64, safe to say everyone loves their switch? It can be hooked up to a monitor I’m assuming?
Old 12-14-2020, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah it hooks right up to any HDMI device, and you can plug in a speaker to the console via USB or headphones (some are not compatible)

I just got the console myself like the day before I made this post, but my buddy has had it since release and has been pumping it up every day since then. I told him to get splatoon for it because I wanted to give nintendo FPS (even tho third person) a shot and he just finally got it when it was on sale. I really regret not being with it since day one but, better late than never.

Besides earlier buggy like crazy releases of games like cyberpunk, the switch has all the games that are actually good, since nintendo makes a lot more good games than any other group.

The switch got the witcher so it will eventually get cyberpunk, probably. And it got dark souls 1 remastered, and that series is basically the only other thing that makes me want another system or console.

It's hard to say what 1 gaming tool you would want, a good PC or console X but right now I'd take the switch over my PC just because it has more things that make me wanna play it.

Watbab if you already have the game, do the single player and use motion controls. By the time you finish the single player (i'm guessing) you won't be able to play the game with pure joystick action.

I played first 3 hours with joystick only, then played 1 hr with motion controls which pissed me off hardcore, but when I switched back to joystick only it felt significantly inferior.

I would suggest giving motion controls a solid 3 hour + attempt, because I think they are better in most ways and I think that console shooters will eventually all have full motion support especially since they all have similar unused gyros built in.

You still use the right stick for macro movement.

I played splatoon 2, had deep regrets of not trusting nintendo from the start and bought a console the next day. Oh and you really need to get a pro controller even though they're a solid 60 bucks plus tax. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pro-wir...?skuId=5748618

They sometimes have sales with a game + pro controller but at this point christmas is coming in seconds so there won't be sales till after xmas, probably.

Good luck bois waiting for brown 99.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-14-2020, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was thinking about a Nintendo switch, last console I had before Gaming PCs was a N64, safe to say everyone loves their switch? It can be hooked up to a monitor I’m assuming?
yah can be both played on the tv and on handheld

helpful if you want to play when going out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-14-2020, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

The switch mini or whatever it's called is handheld only, so make sure you get the regular 300 dollar switch.

you can skip the pro controller if you want to save money, it includes a thing to attach the two joycons together with controller handle shape, and it works totally acceptably in my book.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-14-2020, 03:25 PM
Kobold

Also post ur friend IDs or whatever
Old 12-14-2020, 04:05 PM
Banned

only game worth getting for switch tbh is breath of the wild

every other game is just a port (just my opinion)
Old 12-14-2020, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

There is a good amount of games only for switch and a good amount of the ports are improved on the switch, and no one played a Wii U.

So I guess I'm saying just get the games you like. Right now I am all about splatoon 2. I don't have enough time to play the switch mario game which is not a port, or the zelda game, or the paper mario game. Mario RPG starting with snes and including paper marios is my favorite series ever so I would be all over that if I thought I'd ever have time to play it.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread