Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 11:42 AM
Orc

AC on classic povar was all out war lol. I remember contesting mine with a bard that charmed it at 5% and still managed to lose it to a fast placed nuke. >=)
Old 03-31-2021, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

AC in classic eq 90% of the time went to a druid or wizard. Not an FTE, more like a FFA. And LOL at the guy saying a guide would take the iitems back. Guides had dicksquat for powers. They were little more than secretaries for the GMs.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:13 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. As a side note ... man what I wouldn't give for GMs here to be like live ones, and take bad names as seriously as camp disputes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] There's been some truly awful ones lately.
On Live once I made a monk named "BigWheatThins". A GM saw it somehow, and one day I logged on and was inside a prison box in OOT with no windows and no doors.

Never got a message or warning, just banished to hell. Still laugh my ass off when I think about that GM raging at my name.
Old 04-08-2021, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdah555 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's one thing to be the written rule.
It's another to actually be enforced.

In my experience on live in the Kunark and Velious eras the GMs didn't enforce what you've got written. That's just from my personal experiences. Plus a petition could take a day or more to get a response. I'm the case of camp issues, trains etc. the response was often well after the events occurred and would come by email.

Perhaps the GM manual changed with time or was formalized further along to include such definitions?
You may have had a flawed memory or you had a weird rare occurrence here and there. Every CSR interaction was logged and you had to write up a literal report after each shift detailing each issue you handled and how you resolved it. Both GMs and Guides had to do this. Supervisors then reviewed it and if you did something out of line with the rule book it was flagged to you and, if it happened again, you were reprimanded. Even GM and Guide in game chat was monitored for oversight, I got reprimanded one time for being too helpful to a player in chat beyond what I was supposed to do.
Old 04-08-2021, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AC in classic eq 90% of the time went to a druid or wizard. Not an FTE, more like a FFA. And LOL at the guy saying a guide would take the iitems back. Guides had dicksquat for powers. They were little more than secretaries for the GMs.
Think you misread his post. He never said Guides would do it. GMs absolutely could and sometimes did do it though
Closed Thread