Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 06:10 PM
Fire Giant

I was thinking just two hander or 1 hander and shield like paladins and sks.

Not sure about shieldskins
Last edited by A Knight; 04-13-2021 at 06:12 PM..
Old 04-13-2021, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Orc Fury Warrior

Am I doing this right?
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-13-2021, 06:56 PM
Fire Giant

Not sure why bind couldn't be allowed. Gate might be too much, but I'm not sure if I am crunching the number correctly and trying to overcompensate for the possibility of the class being OP.

Gate could be a thing. Maybe its THE thing that makes them good but also not OP, like gate at 30?
Old 04-13-2021, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

I think they get

Gate
AOE
Full warrior 2hs abilities
Very good Defense same as SK and paladin at least
Very good offense, same as Ranger at least but no dual wield.
No warrior berserker
No warrior discs
No elite warrior only gear

Melee DPS should be

Rogue
Monk
War
WizWar
Rang
Pal/SK

The WizWar spell pile should be shit enough to make the ranger not feel screwed for the wizwar being better DPS, also the ranger gets dual wield and the wizwar is 2 handed only.

Gate and Bind
Some ports
AOE DD's
See invis and Invis
Root at high level.

AOE root never? I don't see this guy quad kiting.

Is he a plate wearer or a chain wearer? It doesn't end up mattering much in velious era EQ but might be cool.

Only races that can be wizards can be this class

Human, High elf, Dark Elf, Gnome, Erudite

The junk race selection for a melee helps keep the class balanced too.

Berserker frenzy is a level 60 discipline not sure mechanics. Good but not too good. 2 minute uptime and 30 minute downtime maybe? So its like lay hands in that you use it as shit hits the fan just not as great as an instant full heal, which seems appropriate. And maybe it lets you go berserker at a higher HP threshold if it proves to be useless.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 04-13-2021 at 07:55 PM..
Old 04-13-2021, 08:04 PM
Fire Giant

Sounds like a good basis for a brainstorm start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Human, High elf, Dark Elf, Gnome, Erudite
After talking about this I just realized, "OMG! Finally a gnome melee other than war that's almost lore accurate"
Old 04-13-2021, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

The berserker ability might be level 1 to fit with other hybrids (lay hands, harmtouch, track, Frenzy)
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:24 PM
Fire Giant

That might work. I was thinking more of a tanky class like pal and sk, but going the ranger way of more dps might work too. Afterall they did it with rangers. It might be better that way just so rangers aren't the only hybrids that are mostly dps. It also fits lore.

A regular gate might be much for low levels. If they add 2-4 more seconds to cast time and give them regular gate around 55 that might be cool too, or even a 1-2 second faster gate at 55.

It might feel cheap sometimes gating out instead of feign death. But if that only matters at 55 it might be ok. Then for the people who enjoy playing EQ on an slow mentality level sometimes like me, they can be effective but not too much until at high levels.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:34 PM
Banned

Give it monk armor and evasion. A few aoes that lag behind wizards like a hybrid. No taunt.. 1hb, piercing. Double atk. A unique 1hb, and a piercing epic + buckler type magic shield.

Aoe snare at 24. Root at 16.. No specialization. Shieldskins, again lagging some behind wizards. And a few stuns. Utility like levitate, see invis. Invis. Ultravision. Yonder, fade, shadowstep. But no gate. Maybe tl at 51+

Plate is so bad for eq caster lore. Primarily dps but could tank in a pinch with root or snare. Maybe give them intimidate, and mend, but no taunt.

Mana efficiency will be an issue with steady pulls and no clarity or specialization, but a fun option to grp with a wizard, clr, and bard, ench.

It's basically a wow frost mage.
Last edited by starkind; 04-14-2021 at 08:41 PM..
Old 04-14-2021, 08:40 PM
Fire Giant

I was thinking huge mana pool would make their shitty aoes good. It would be cool though if they could use swords etc, and then to fit the feel of the character they would need at least chain.

Root would be needed if their tactic is aoe DDs, then attack. Might not be able to solo, but in the group of another shouldn't be too bad.

I don't think it should get to the point of monk pulling but with gate. If they are a bit ranger-ish, maybe pulling is possible but not vital.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:46 PM
Fire Giant

I was really thinking they should some how have weapon procs be their thing. But I'm not sure how.

But the only way that would make sense, is if they some how do more damage to a target recently effected by fire or cold damage.

Like in Wow, where the character walks around with auras on their sword.
Closed Thread