Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 04:12 AM
Planar Protector

Shaman, you start out a bit weak but become an absolute powerhouse late game. You can also solo multiple mobs with almost zero mana use if your get your epic early on. As Ephirith has said though, its pretty rough for the first 20 or so levels, personally I don't think you really get the true experience of the class till you get your pet at 34.

In summary; Shaman, but Its always been my favorite class so im biased.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 10-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Orc

I had an addictive moment last night and grinded on my new Shaman til level 8 in EF and BB... Had a nice anonymous barbarian give me some pieces of large banded too which helped a ton!

Reading about the level 19-34 spells makes me really want to stick with this class.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:09 AM
Planar Protector

play a pure melee if you never have before
Old 10-26-2012, 04:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
started this server as a rogue and never looked back, the road is tough, but its well worth it in the end
Old 10-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Druid and Monk are very good choices, both can solo. My current high level char is a Monk and soloed most of the way, but very useful in a group. If I had my choice of duo partner, it would be a Druid. I am currently having issues soloing now because when mobs flee at 20% health, I have a hard time killing them before they have run into another set of mobs. With Snare, they aren't going anywhere. Druids really shine in small groups because they have so much utility. It's full groups where Druids are mostly used for Snare, Damage Shield, backup healer, and occasional nuke.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My current high level char is a Monk. If I had my choice of duo partner, it would be a Druid.
You're going to feel differently 45-50+
Old 10-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I definitely want to do this. I was thinking monk, since they can solo and group and fill a lot of roles (tanking, dps, pulling). But part of me wants to try tanking as a warrior... I just think I'd be terrible with no gear or plat to start! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Maybe when my Shaman gets a bit higher I give a warrior a little bit of a head start.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephirith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're going to feel differently 45-50+
Yes, Shamans are awesome and I do like them. Being a casual player that doesn't have a whole lot of time but loves adventure over grinding, having a porting class that also heals = good times. I don't group much because it's too much setup time. It's too bad Druids are off soloing most of the time, I would group with any of them and we could go anywhere quickly.
Closed Thread