Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 09:35 PM
Large Bat

Default Back in the game

So, I just got back into Everquest after having not played it since I was about 9 years old. I have made four characters so far because I keep making silly mistakes. First character fell to his death from the tree-top town. Rage quit. Second character went the wrong way and before I figured out I was in a high level area, I was dead. Scrubbed that character. Third character fell into the lake in Rivervale. Piranha got me. After all these deaths, I just want to say...

I'm having a blast! Just started a Halfling Druid, hit level 2, and I'm really enjoying myself.

Why did I delete those characters that died? Well, I felt like making them 'hardcore' characters, that, since I died before even leveling, aren't deserving of being played at all.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:03 PM
Kobold

Lol. At what level do you stop being "hardcore" and start being a real character?

<Infernus> Oceanic Guild of Champions
Old 09-14-2014, 08:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmed_Ferret [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm having a blast! Just started a Halfling Druid, hit level 2, and I'm really enjoying myself.

Why did I delete those characters that died? Well, I felt like making them 'hardcore' characters, that, since I died before even leveling, aren't deserving of being played at all.

This is what im talking about, a game has no meaning if it hasnt made you earn your fun.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:51 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordyth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol. At what level do you stop being "hardcore" and start being a real character?
Well, the answer is now three. I am now playing Rhoana the Halfling Druid. She's about halfway to 4 and I'm enjoying myself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-15-2014, 09:01 AM
Kobold

Welcome! I like your forum name and enjoyed hearing about your "hardcore" characters. Their deeds of valor will be remembered. *grins*
Old 09-15-2014, 01:17 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormlight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome! I like your forum name and enjoyed hearing about your "hardcore" characters. Their deeds of valor will be remembered. *grins*
All shall remember the great druid Rhoana! For she shall be legend.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:53 AM
Skeleton

I like that you are playing a druid. I came back roughly 2 months ago and went shaman to 9, enc to 4, druid currently 25, and now a Rogue (which im having a blast on) at 16.

Now Ive been reading posts on these forums in all sections and I see Epic rogues only get groups... druids past 50 dont get groups yadda yadda.. But i am renewed nub (played from 99 until PoP originally)...Ive earned almost all of my stuff...a few kind people have donated items to me, recently a kind RANGER (YES!!) came into BB and gave me a Harpoon of the Depths out of nowhere and made my weekend. So I say welcome to the server and Have fun on your Druid.. I will be looking for ports eventually [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2014, 08:08 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmed_Ferret [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First character fell to his death from the tree-top town. Rage quit.
This is exactly how I started in original EverQuest. Then my second character was a Dark Elf and I couldn't find my way out of Neriak. I kept getting lost and ending up in the necro guild. Finally I started half-elf in freeport and figured things out. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-19-2014, 01:32 AM
Large Bat

The one thing I love about EQ in the early days, it was unforgiving, it did not hold your hand to get you through the first stages. It tied a porkchop around your neck and tossed you to the wolves. It is a shame you won't have games like this anymore.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

Ahh. My first time as a baby druid in CB. Someone yells "train!" and runs by with an army of orc legionnaires. I tried to run, but fell in the water and couldn't figure out how to get out in my frenzy of panic. The legos came back and I swear to god they were laughing at me. Yeah, I died with no dignity that day. Bastard orcs.

Good times. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread