Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 08:05 PM
Kobold

Default Starting over....

Good class to start out.

I am broke.... so I want lack of gear to not be an issue...
I want to end game raid and have purpose...
I obviously want to have purpose in a group, but be able to solo if necessary.

What classes best fit these criteria? :P

Any recommendations? Please consider me a noob though I played so long ago... my memory is kinda short.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:18 PM
Sarnak

Bard!

Solo naked into the 50's, cc/buff groups with them songs, resist song afk during raid.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:39 PM
Fire Giant

Enchanter. Always needed, active role in raids mezzing, great soloers.
Or shaman.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jon3s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
active role in raids mezzing
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-15-2014, 04:54 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirrtiXXX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good class to start out.

I am broke.... so I want lack of gear to not be an issue...
I want to end game raid and have purpose...
I obviously want to have purpose in a group, but be able to solo if necessary.

What classes best fit these criteria? :P

Any recommendations? Please consider me a noob though I played so long ago... my memory is kinda short.
You should play a fuzzy troll religious nut.

No, jokes aside, play a halfing druid. Best EXP bonus in the game, plus it's an easy solo class. If not that, then barbarian shaman for lesser penalties and ease of soloing/grouping.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 10-15-2014, 05:30 AM
Aviak

izi path is boring and for pussies

go iksar war and rejoicing the pain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI7Jc-fSQQ8

nah: I have a necro alter and his life is easier by far than my main: a shadow knight. If you like evil characters go necro, good soloers, but hated in most cities and not as desired in groups as enchanters or druids.

ench and druid seem better options for your purposes.
Last edited by rotenvok; 10-15-2014 at 05:48 AM..
Old 10-15-2014, 07:58 AM
Planar Protector

Roll near Freeport, get a mage to summon you a 10/34 2hb, some weight reduction bags and some AC rings/necklace then head over to the newbie section of North Ro. There are a million decaying skeletons there. Kill them til you have a full set of cloth or level five. Loot and sell any rusty/iron ration/excess cloth you find at the inn in the centre of the area.

This loot will get you a 30pp nest egg and several stacks of bone chips. Bone can be sold to players for 5pp+ per stack or quested for xp.

Spend money earnt from this on a decent weapon; ideally you want something that is close to 10 DMG and as fast as possible.

If you didn't need to sell all your bonechips to get your weapon I suggest heading to the dwarven city Kaladim to hand them in for XP. If you are a small melee toon this will even give you a minor armor upgrade as part of the reward.

From kaladim head to the elven kingdoms and bind in Greater Fadark at 'orc lift'. Head to orc hill and start filling your bank with centurion belts. Once you outgrow orc hill head to the zone Crushbone to keep stockpiling centurion belts and legionnaire pads.

Once you are in your early/mid teens head to kaladim, hand in the centurion belts and lego pads in the dwarf warrior guild. This could be enough to grant a couple more levels! After Crushbone a popular place to hunt is Unrest, where you will find ringmail and bronze plate armor and be starting to look like a serious adventurer!

Generally I advise player purchasing weapons and just looting armor upgrades. That said, it is worth buying player made hp/ac rings. The exra hp will help you survive emergencies and will allow you to bind wound to a higher hp value. 100pp on a set of banded armor is also tempting, but it is not leagues better than the ringmail/bronze armor you will be looting by the time you actually start needing to stack out your AC.

I hope this is help and not TLDR.

My advice is generally more melee orientated as casters should just focus on picking up a few core spells more than anything... Even so some casting classes can find decent melee weapons cheaply that can carry them thru the early levels (e.g. lost staff of the scion will make a wizard excellent melee DPS for the first dozen levels before their skill caps start to let them down).
Old 10-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Orc

I think based on your character description a wizard might be the best choice. None of the int classes (necro/mag/enc/wiz) are really gear dependent, especially in the earlier levels. Wizards have a very strong purpose on raids, particularly once Velious comes out. The downside is that your role in groups will be very boring and monotonous. Solo is definitely an option, but basically all you do (whether it's soloing, grouping or raiding) is nuke damage. You can port during your downtime, which is nice because you can help gather raid forces or help players out while making tip-money.

While I have played many classes and think enchanter is the most fun in the game, they have very little role to play in raids. Basically just buffing.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabasher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think based on your character description a wizard might be the best choice. None of the int classes (necro/mag/enc/wiz) are really gear dependent, especially in the earlier levels. Wizards have a very strong purpose on raids, particularly once Velious comes out. The downside is that your role in groups will be very boring and monotonous. Solo is definitely an option, but basically all you do (whether it's soloing, grouping or raiding) is nuke damage. You can port during your downtime, which is nice because you can help gather raid forces or help players out while making tip-money.

While I have played many classes and think enchanter is the most fun in the game, they have very little role to play in raids. Basically just buffing.
This is true^ If you do not mind afk med times the wizard is good choice.
Plus wizards can port to Hate, Sky & come Velious the line of people wanting a TL may be around the spires.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should play a fuzzy troll religious nut.

No, jokes aside, play a halfing druid. Best EXP bonus in the game, plus it's an easy solo class. If not that, then barbarian shaman for lesser penalties and ease of soloing/grouping.
I guess you prowl RR Pantheon Page... I am Nirrtix one in the same :P

Those trolls were hilarious. It is a scary thought that idea almost made it into a game....

well the problem is i hear druids are kinda unwanted on raids....

I guess i will try the second two and see how they work out.... thanks
Last edited by NirrtiXXX; 10-16-2014 at 12:34 PM..
Closed Thread