Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you segregate food items as you eat them?
Yes, and I've always done it because i am a boring person 4 21.05%
Nope, that's retarded 4 21.05%
Yes, but it just happened randomly kinda liek with you 2 10.53%
Nope, sounds fucked up to me. 5 26.32%
Bush segregated the good buildings from the bad ones 8 42.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Default Eating One Thing at a Time

So, i recently noticed that I've started eating parts of my meals one at a time. normally I'd liek to mix everything all up in my mouth with little bites of lots of things on my plate, but find myself attacking the food items in my meal one at a time more often then not. it's not wiiggn, me out of nothing, just thought I'd share this curiosity with my pals and see how everyone else feels about the mixing of foodstuffs in their mouths. does this recent adaptation belie some sorta mental collapse or a budding aversion to change, novelty or fun?
Old 03-12-2019, 12:39 PM
Banned

i use to do this when i was a little kiddo. maybe in the course of you're personal growth your regaining "young at heart"? or maybe you are regressing to a childlike mental state? can you please give some feedback on any sensations in these areas so i can analize deeper??

i have voted this thread 2 stars pending you're answers, because its a incomplete thread. this can be updated.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

no particular sensations or thought behind it. just occurred to me recently that I was doing it. it's liek i am less engaged in my meals. Ooo, could also actually be because I was prioritizing protein. hadn't thought about that. that may be what gave rise to the condition.

*sits up from the couch*

That sounds pretty innocuous don't it?
Old 03-12-2019, 12:55 PM
Banned

I always ate stuff individually. Now I am more adventurous and will try a bite of something else.

Eating is generally methodical for me. But I am trying to practice better habits and that includes sensing the food. Slowing down. It does increase saity. And my body is very pleased. It often leads me to not eat something just because it is there.

I think being overly singular could one day lead to a poor habit of shoveling without taste. Depression lately? Tired?
Old 03-12-2019, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Been tired, but overall feeling pretty good.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i use to do this when i was a little kiddo. maybe in the course of you're personal growth your regaining "young at heart"? or maybe you are regressing to a childlike mental state? can you please give some feedback on any sensations in these areas so i can analize deeper??
This. I used to eat this way as a kid, and I also had a cousin who kind of took it to the extreme: he would literally eat all of one type of food, rotate his plate 90 degrees, eat all of the next type of food, rotate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But we both grew out of it.

In general children like simpler foods (and dislike complex ones, especially spicy foods) because they have more taste buds. As you grow up and drink hot liquids, you slowly damage your taste buds, making complex/spicy flavors less so, and that's why adults tend to prefer those flavors while kids don't.

Not sure if that's the only factor involved (probably not, I'm no tongue doctor), and it certainly doesn't explain Melon's behavior, but /shrug.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure it’s an indicator of severe OCD/communist sympathizer. Not shoveling your food into your mouth is unamerican. Watching a girl I worked with eat one piece of popcorn at a time drove me crazy.

If you’re just talking about individually enjoying things you’re eating instead of mixing them up, that’s pretty normal. OCD kicks in when you freak about food touching like my aunt does. And this is why she has a kid who rejects any perceived flaw in her made in China toys. Which is precisely how I got a sweet stuffed pikachu last year, so I’m cool with it.
Last edited by Cecily; 03-12-2019 at 01:21 PM..
Old 03-12-2019, 01:20 PM
Banned

I honestly struggle to eat protein. Most good sources have awful texture so if I must I shovel it in first or try to micronize it and hide it in other stuff.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:22 PM
Banned

segregation is wrong OP
Old 03-12-2019, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Chicken tastes like delicious to masticate imo.
Closed Thread