Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 05:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zord just died again, allegedly the second time within 12-24 hours .... is this classic?
No. During blue epic release a few clerics cried hard and submitted out of era respawn timers for zordak. The respawn timer being used is one that was implemented after the Feb 13, 2002 patch.
Last edited by getsome; 04-12-2021 at 06:20 PM..
Old 04-12-2021, 06:13 PM
Large Bat

How does FTE work at Verina? If I get FTE as a solo enchanter and need some reinforcements, can I root her or kite her or whatever and wait for them to arrive? If so, how long do I have?

I'd like to hear from the GM/guide team if possible before I sink too much time in, as I don't think I can solo her without merchant charm, and it's bad enough socking this myself without having to ask 2-3 others to join in the pain.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-12-2021, 07:01 PM
Banned

Really good job
Old 04-13-2021, 12:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaiaku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does FTE work at Verina? If I get FTE as a solo enchanter and need some reinforcements, can I root her or kite her or whatever and wait for them to arrive? If so, how long do I have?

I'd like to hear from the GM/guide team if possible before I sink too much time in, as I don't think I can solo her without merchant charm, and it's bad enough socking this myself without having to ask 2-3 others to join in the pain.

Thanks in advance!
after FTE, u have 18 seconds worth of time to stall, before u have to forfeit the mob. at that point u have to die or zone.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:42 PM
Sarnak

Im wondering what happens on a server reset for ragefire. It didnt spawn the first week of epics because naggy didnt die after epics were released. So in the case of a server crash, will the triggered spawn still happen? or will it be more like sky where all overseers are removed and wont trigger nobles. It is a little different because the triggering mechanism is the overseer depopping for noble and the trigger for next ragefire might just be a fixed thing already happening no matter if the server resets or not. Clerics are fucked in both cases since you basically have to be there 24/7 ready to roll of course, but they are extremely fucked out of their time if it has zero chance to spawn before next naggy.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:25 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imposter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
after FTE, u have 18 seconds worth of time to stall, before u have to forfeit the mob. at that point u have to die or zone.
Isn't that just for raid mobs? Does that also imply that Verina and/or Vessel would be bag limited as well? Or I guess that might just be general FTE rules? Appreciate all the infos!
Old 04-13-2021, 03:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaiaku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't that just for raid mobs? Does that also imply that Verina and/or Vessel would be bag limited as well? Or I guess that might just be general FTE rules? Appreciate all the infos!
I'm guessing this doesn't actually apply. If "regular" (read: non-raid) mobs had an 18 second window after FTE to begin actually taking down, then Bards/Druids/Wizards would no longer be able to do their thing without interference and the resulting CSR headache.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:13 PM
Sarnak

Would be kind of shitty to run in circles with a 7 day mob for epic after FTE indefinitely while you wait on your friends to show up from whatever else they have FTE'd. VT and VD should be considered raid mobs.
If not raid mobs, then you should be able to claim it as a camp
Old 04-13-2021, 08:17 PM
Large Bat

You raise a fair point, and I agree that wouldn't be ideal. I'd argue that it should be treated somewhat like the Cleric/Ragefire situation, in which FTE (or in their case, roll) has X amount of time to rally a force, but perhaps more like 10 to 15 minutes instead of 30, given that it's more single group content versus 2-3 groups.

I'm cool with whatever is decided upon, but would just like to know so that I can proceed appropriately without any potential headaches for staff. My plan as it stands if I were to secure FTE as a solo Enchanter is to rapture/root and hope that I could gather some friends out within 5-10 minutes. I wouldn't dream of stalling it out for 30, even if I could, as that seems excessive to anyone else that might be waiting. And if I die, I die, and someone else can nab it. Would love to hear anyone else's thoughts. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-13-2021, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm guessing this doesn't actually apply. If "regular" (read: non-raid) mobs had an 18 second window after FTE to begin actually taking down, then Bards/Druids/Wizards would no longer be able to do their thing without interference and the resulting CSR headache.
That doesn’t make sense though. Because when people quad they are immediately taking down the mobs with AoE nukes after snaring them. They aren’t rooting or snaring them and then just holding them indefinitely until other people get there to help kill. It’s not analogous at all.

For instance, if a bard or quadder is kiting more mobs than they can hit at once in order to try and monopolize everything, you’re allowed to pull mobs out of their kite as long as you don’t take the pack below the number that the kiter can hit (IIRC)
Closed Thread