Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-29-2022, 05:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Sound Issues

Hello, all!

Just started P99 a few weeks ago and I'm enjoying all the old nostalgia. I've been able to troubleshoot most of my issues, but one lingering problem remains (the sound!). The main issue is the first time I load up any server there's no sound at all. I don't get the loading music, I don't get anything on character select, and the in-game music is off as well. My first load will always play the MUSIC once I'm in the game, but it will not play sounds. No movement sounds, no inventory sounds, no combat, etc. Only the music.

Now, if I camp, go back to server select, and load in again, everything works like there was never an issue. It's mind-boggling. I've tried multiple installs, different directories, compatibility mode, and a few other suggestions, but no luck. It's not keeping me from playing the game, but it's certainly an annoyance. Has anybody had a similar issue or know of anything else I can try?

Thank you.
Old 11-20-2022, 12:08 AM
Aviak

I've had this same issue. Seems random. I've noticed the sound is more likely to work the game doesn't launch in full screen right away. I then change to full screen once I'm in game.