Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 12:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DKP is basically credits you get from attending. What you get from spending DKP is the participation trophy ya moran.
cant believe we're handing out bis just for showing up smh millenials
Old 05-03-2019, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cant believe we're handing out bis just for showing up smh millenials
I will always be better geared than you
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 05-03-2019, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so what's the actual trophy?
To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their denied pixels!
Old 05-03-2019, 04:35 PM
Orc

Having been in PS for loot council and DKP. I couldn't agree more. PS used to be so sharing.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:53 PM
Banned

I don't earn DKP because I'm entitled to it.

I voted for Obama. I paid my dues as an apologetic white cis male.

The future is female because I'm a good person.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

DKP isn't a participation trophy. It's something far worse, for a game: It's a damned wage. Anyone who joins a guild that uses such a system has turned his game into a really crappy job that pays company scrip. Yuck. At the very least you guys ought to form a union and gain yourselves some rights, like a universal DKP currency that transfers from one guild to the next. You guys settle for residing in what amounts to gilded age-style company towns. Yuck.

Danth
Old 05-03-2019, 09:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DKP isn't a participation trophy. It's something far worse, for a game: It's a damned wage. Anyone who joins a guild that uses such a system has turned his game into a really crappy job that pays company scrip. Yuck. At the very least you guys ought to form a union and gain yourselves some rights, like a universal DKP currency that transfers from one guild to the next. You guys settle for residing in what amounts to gilded age-style company towns. Yuck.

Danth
this guy is way smarter than me

good post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-03-2019, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DKP isn't a participation trophy. It's something far worse, for a game: It's a damned wage.
Danth

What's wrong with earning a wage?
Old 05-03-2019, 09:20 PM
Kobold

DKP is like getting paid for something you already enjoy doing
Old 05-03-2019, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Danth
I see DKP as channeling selfishness for the greater good. It's organizational sure, but not corporate.

Consider an obvious example: a Shaman has no reason to go to Plane of Sky once they get their FD ring. But other classes want haste belts and such, and they want Shaman to help.

Without DKP they wouldn't, but by having DKP the Shaman's selfish desires can lead to him helping his guildmates get Sky loot. Nifty.

The real question of "is it a participation trophy" is simple: did you do more than just participate to get it?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread