Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 08:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i did the warrior solo twink on almost every race possible because i'm a dumb addict and i love the warrior. here are a few suggestions:

RACE without slam it's gonna suck. you really want the interrupts vs the casters, and you really want that tiny momentum when mobs start fleeing before they aggro all of their friends. you have no CC. you're a dumb warrior. you don't want to start playing with 500 root nets. you just want to auto-attack and smoke weed. also, level 20+ you will be using 2HX so shield-switching to bash is also problematic. all in all even if my Dark Elf and Gnome were the sexiest warrior twinks and most cool to play, even if I liked the Forage on my Wood Elf cause I'm dumb, and even if doing Barrel Rolls on my Dwarf finally made Endurance relevent and my peepee hard... I had much much more fun on my Barb and my Troll. Because it just works. So this is my first advice
I. Love. This. Entire. Post.
Old 09-24-2020, 11:44 PM
Kobold

As far as purchasable equipment goes, these will probably be the most valuable for soloing a Warrior:

Armor:
Fungi for in combat regen.
34-36% Haste Item (Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt or Cloak of Flames)
Gnome for pretty much unlimited 40% clicky haste plus other stat buffs. (Clockwork Watchman Vambraces plus other pieces)
Lvl45+ Clicky Heal BP for out of combat regen.

Weapons
Level 1-20 - Some good ratio fast 1 handers for those earlier damage capped levels.
Level 20-29 - Exquisite Velium 2 hander (32/36), or Granite Face Grinder (29/36)
Level 30-60 - Reaver (2HS)
Level 49-60 - Herbalist's Spade (2HB) for breaking camps, stopping runners, and hitting mobs the Reaver can't hit
Decent Bow

Post 49 Misc Goodies:
Truncheon of Doom for slows.
Blood Point - Not sure if these are even worth it without 255 dex. (May just be better off killing faster with a really good 2 hander?)
Clicky Invis BP (Incarnadine Breastplate)
Old 09-25-2020, 12:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as purchasable equipment goes, these will probably be the most valuable for soloing a Warrior:

Armor:
Fungi for in combat regen.
34-36% Haste Item (Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt or Cloak of Flames)
Gnome for pretty much unlimited 40% clicky haste plus other stat buffs. (Clockwork Watchman Vambraces plus other pieces)
Lvl45+ Clicky Heal BP for out of combat regen.

Weapons
Level 1-20 - Some good ratio fast 1 handers for those earlier damage capped levels.
Level 20-29 - Exquisite Velium 2 hander (32/36), or Granite Face Grinder (29/36)
Level 30-60 - Reaver (2HS)
Level 49-60 - Herbalist's Spade (2HB) for breaking camps, stopping runners, and hitting mobs the Reaver can't hit
Decent Bow

Post 49 Misc Goodies:
Truncheon of Doom for slows.
Blood Point - Not sure if these are even worth it without 255 dex. (May just be better off killing faster with a really good 2 hander?)
Clicky Invis BP (Incarnadine Breastplate)
Solid list. I'd add https://wiki.project1999.com/Silken_Whip_of_Ensnaring to the 50+ along with a decent bow. Much of my solo strategy 50-60 involved procing a snare, jousting with truncheon until slow landed while shooting arrows, then bloodpoints to finish. Also, use evasive every time it is up while taking damage. Don't save your discs.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Default AC/Regen solo melee build

I've solo'd several melee to 60; mostly solo'd a warrior.
The key to solo melee is three things - Regen, AC, and Strength - in that order.

AC - Mitigates more damage; goes on a sliding scale with regen to determine what you can and can't solo.
Strength - The more strength raises the amount of damage you do; it also raises your attack rating which means more hits on mobs and an easier time landing hits on higher level mobs.
Regen - The absolute key to soloing as any melee.

This is why I suggest rolling an Iksar. Slap a fungi tunic on him and get some Kiva's pots for post lvl 20 - the 11 dmg shield at 20 starts to pay dividends for the 6 min / 40 plat a charge usage. Especially when you go for an AC build and are getting hit for low amounts of damage. An extremely high AC build with good regen will allow you solo 3-4 mobs at once at lvl 30, in say Mistmoore, greatly speeding up your leveling rate.

Key droppable items for an AC/Regen build solo warrior -

-Fungi
-Gem Encrusted Ring - 10 ac, 7 str - far far superior to a 6/65hp ring as a solo war
-Horn of Hsagra - Shoot for a Swiftblade of Zek MH and a a horn offhand. 35 ac is superior to the 15 str, 25 hp you loose off a BoC offhand
- Lodizal Belt - to go with a CoF. The 2 regen and attack beat the 9ac/5str you'd loose from a blood runed girdle. Regen is the only thing that beats AC in this build.

No Drop items (if you have access and DKP/plat to spend):

- Orb of the deep sea - 45 ac. Enough said
- Rocksmasher - 47 dmg 41 dly. 35 ac. 41% haste. If you're going to use a 2 handed weapon, this is pretty much the only one I'd use in this solo build. You're loosing 10 ac to a swiftblade/horn of hsagra but gaining 5% haste. From level 25-40 or so it will likely parse a little more than BoC/HoH; in addition you get less repostles from mobs with a 2 hander. This is a blessing in disguise though - if you have the regen to mitigate the dmg you're taking, less repostles mean less damage shield dmg the mob takes, lowering your DPS output.
- Velious quest BP - Meh. You're going to spend 14.5 seconds clicking it for 58 hp. In those same 14.5 seconds, you'd regen a static 38 hp (sitting) with a fungi. Most of the time when I play a solo melee, if I have to regen a bunch of dmg I'm going to use that time to afk (no group responsibilities can be nice). Sometimes though you'll be talking to friends or whatnot and the 20 extra hp every 14.5 seconds will net you about 83 more hp a min.
- Ring 10 - If you got the dkp or plat and you're all in on a solo warrior this is a great way to go
- NToV Warrior quest armor - AC, AC , AC - particularly the bracers (25 ac), boots (32 ac) and Vambraces (33 ac)

Thats about it. I believe in AC/Regen over HP as a solo melee because you shouldn't ever be going below 15-20%. What good does an extra 400hp yield if you're always above 20% as a solo war? Not a damn thing. If you are going below 20% consistently, you're fighting mobs that are too tough for you - you're not landing as many hits on mobs dealing that much dmg relative to what you could be landing on a slightly easier mob. Faster killers will always equate to faster experience.
As a melee, HP only really matters if you're in a group getting CH'd or you find yourself playing poorly and consistently dropping below 20%.
Last edited by KentalCowtipper; 10-22-2020 at 06:23 PM..
Old 10-23-2020, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentalCowtipper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've solo'd several melee to 60; mostly solo'd a warrior.
The key to solo melee is three things - Regen, AC, and Strength - in that order.

AC - Mitigates more damage; goes on a sliding scale with regen to determine what you can and can't solo.
Strength - The more strength raises the amount of damage you do; it also raises your attack rating which means more hits on mobs and an easier time landing hits on higher level mobs.
Regen - The absolute key to soloing as any melee.

This is why I suggest rolling an Iksar. Slap a fungi tunic on him and get some Kiva's pots for post lvl 20 - the 11 dmg shield at 20 starts to pay dividends for the 6 min / 40 plat a charge usage. Especially when you go for an AC build and are getting hit for low amounts of damage. An extremely high AC build with good regen will allow you solo 3-4 mobs at once at lvl 30, in say Mistmoore, greatly speeding up your leveling rate.

Key droppable items for an AC/Regen build solo warrior -

-Fungi
-Gem Encrusted Ring - 10 ac, 7 str - far far superior to a 6/65hp ring as a solo war
-Horn of Hsagra - Shoot for a Swiftblade of Zek MH and a a horn offhand. 35 ac is superior to the 15 str, 25 hp you loose off a BoC offhand
- Lodizal Belt - to go with a CoF. The 2 regen and attack beat the 9ac/5str you'd loose from a blood runed girdle. Regen is the only thing that beats AC in this build.

No Drop items (if you have access and DKP/plat to spend):

- Orb of the deep sea - 45 ac. Enough said
- Rocksmasher - 47 dmg 41 dly. 35 ac. 41% haste. If you're going to use a 2 handed weapon, this is pretty much the only one I'd use in this solo build. You're loosing 10 ac to a swiftblade/horn of hsagra but gaining 5% haste. From level 25-40 or so it will likely parse a little more than BoC/HoH; in addition you get less repostles from mobs with a 2 hander. This is a blessing in disguise though - if you have the regen to mitigate the dmg you're taking, less repostles mean less damage shield dmg the mob takes, lowering your DPS output.
- Velious quest BP - Meh. You're going to spend 14.5 seconds clicking it for 58 hp. In those same 14.5 seconds, you'd regen a static 38 hp (sitting) with a fungi. Most of the time when I play a solo melee, if I have to regen a bunch of dmg I'm going to use that time to afk (no group responsibilities can be nice). Sometimes though you'll be talking to friends or whatnot and the 20 extra hp every 14.5 seconds will net you about 83 more hp a min.
- Ring 10 - If you got the dkp or plat and you're all in on a solo warrior this is a great way to go
- NToV Warrior quest armor - AC, AC , AC - particularly the bracers (25 ac), boots (32 ac) and Vambraces (33 ac)

Thats about it. I believe in AC/Regen over HP as a solo melee because you shouldn't ever be going below 15-20%. What good does an extra 400hp yield if you're always above 20% as a solo war? Not a damn thing. If you are going below 20% consistently, you're fighting mobs that are too tough for you - you're not landing as many hits on mobs dealing that much dmg relative to what you could be landing on a slightly easier mob. Faster killers will always equate to faster experience.
As a melee, HP only really matters if you're in a group getting CH'd or you find yourself playing poorly and consistently dropping below 20%.
Good post, except Gnome > iksar all day for a solo warrior build. Nothing touches having access to 40% spell haste. Also the velious Kael bp heals for 90 on my sk. There’s some inconsistent evidence on which bps heals for the full 90 on melees but my sks kael one definitively does.
Old 10-23-2020, 01:49 PM
Sarnak

I get that the gnome clickly haste is good... but not enough to loose the iksar innate regen, iksar innate AC bonus combined with the str difference between the two races.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:05 PM
Fire Giant

40% spell haste is so much better than iksar regen it's not even close, especially before 50.

Also, AC sucks - sorry to those who don't think otherwise. If you are heavily twinked (ss gear) its good from level 5-30. After that its terrible, especially when you go into expansion content.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:29 PM
Kobold

Yeah before 50 you’re basically asking if you’d prefer an item with +40% haste, or +1-3 regen (depending on sit/stand). No contest!
Old 10-23-2020, 02:33 PM
Fire Giant

Yea but...then your a gnome and not master lizard race. RIP.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentalCowtipper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get that the gnome clickly haste is good... but not enough to loose the iksar innate regen, iksar innate AC bonus combined with the str difference between the two races.
Killing things 40% faster means taking 40% less damage. Think about that.

Iksar do look cool though. And I've heard you can overwrite your normal warrior kick to use the flying kick animation if you are into that sort of thing.

It really just comes down to how much you want to solo. If you are playing a warrior specifically to solo then you aren't really doing it "right" anyways so who cares what you pick.
Closed Thread